+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My “ex” is texting me?...

My “ex” is texting me?...

Two weeks ago a guy that I used to talk to for about 5 months last year texted me again and started asking me questions I never thought he’d ask me after all this time. From what I know my “ex” had told someone back in October of this year that he didn’t like me like that. Buh when he texted me recently he asked me how I’ve been, if I was ok Nd he was actually concerned when I said I wasn’t doing well and wanted to tlk abt it buh I didn’t want to. But the part that’s confusing me is that he asked me “ y is it we never talk in person” and “ are you talking to somebody??” (Yes he used 2 question marks). I did ask why he was asking me this and he said he was jus asking but these questions really came out of nowhere in the conversation.....so what does this mean and why did he ask me these questions?

This doesn't sound right. I don't want to burst your bubble but I don't want you to get hurt either. He might just be bored and looking for someone to mess with. It just doesn't make sense that he would say he doesn't like you, then contact you. If I were you, I would tell him about what you heard and then ask him why he is contacting you. That way you don't have to guess his intentions. Also are you interested in talking to him again?

I would be interested if he was serious, but honestly I wasn’t focused on him this school year because I figured there were other people out there. And just as some other information ,he doesn’t really know the person that he said he didn’t like me to and they aren’t friends in any way but there was a situation where he had texted my ex for something relating to something on snapchat Nd then I came up I guess.

He is feeling out your current relationship dating situation without having the guts to come right out and ask if you are dating, and if you would still be up for seeing him again, maybe? Why else would he be so nosey about your life if not wanting a way back in with you? Or have you been dating seeing someone he might know and he heard about it and is jealous?

I haven’t been seeing anyone else but there have been other guys that have been trying to date me Nd been rlly touchy-feely with me. He’s never seen it buh idk if someone might have told him buh it was like that last year too and he didn’t act like that after we stopped tlking.

How long has it been since you two last talked? As in BEFORE he started reaching out again. Also, how did you find out he told somebody else he didn't really like you like that? Because, honestly, I would wonder whether he even really said that. Was it a reliable enough source that told you he said that?

Truth be told, though, if it has been a while and he just disappeared.... and now he suddenly comes back.... My honest thought would be why bother? I mean, not that there need be any hard feelings, but if he already disappeared on you once, why exactly would you trust he wouldn't just lose interest and disappear again?

That's me, though. Maybe you have some interest in giving him another shot. If so, then why not just give it a try.... BUT with caution. Don't jump back in as enthusiastically as you may any other new prospect. Give it time to see if he truly shows interest or if he just pulls a disappearing act again. That is not to say you have to play games or act cold. Just take time and give him the chance to either prove he's showing sincere interest now or to show if he just can't commit to actually giving you a shot in earnest.

Best of luck to you either way.

The last time he texted me was in like August I believe and he texted me recently in November. He told my friend(tht at the time also may have liked me) that he didnt really like me like that through Snapchat. My ex didn’t know tht the person was my friend though and I did see the messages on my friends account.

Quote Originally Posted by New_2_dating View Post
    He told my friend(tht at the time also may have liked me) that he didnt really like me like that through Snapchat.
    See, to be honest, if I were you I wouldn't know whether to trust that as the truth. Right there you said your friend... WHO MAY HAVE ALSO LIKED YOU. So, I'd take that information with a grain of salt because maybe he just said that hoping you'd like that other guy less and give him more of a chance to make his move.

Especially given that my first thought to what you said is "Why were the two of them talking on SnapChat anyway?" What are the odds that two guys who don't know each other but just happen to know you be talking on SnapChat... especially given that your Ex didn't even know that this friend of yours knew you at all.

Either way, though, I still think it doesn't matter. He disappears on you for months and then just suddenly shows back up? If it were me, I'd just leave him in the past. But, again, if you DO wish to give him another shot, at least do so with caution. I could be wrong. Maybe he just wasn't ready to jump into something then but is more open to going out now. Who knows? ...But there is also the possibility that he is just a flaky person in general. So, even if you do proceed, at least do so cautiously. Best of luck either way.

I don't think he's interested, he might be doing the same thing with other girls or he's bored.