+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Ask Him Out?

Should I Ask Him Out?

So let me start off with some background details. I work in a post office located in a local grocery store and I have a crush on the man (24) that picks up the mail. I have liked him for such a long time and he is the reason why I work in the post office. I used to just be a cashier until I saw him then I asked my manger to change jobs.
    When I first starting working in the post office I didn't know much but he was patient and very kind. He asked me my name and told me that I was his favorite worker because I was friendlier than everyone else.
    He only comes on Saturdays so I don't see him as much anymore. But when I do, we talk mostly about him, he doesn't really ask me questions. So last Saturday I gave up hope of us becoming a thing. But then something crazy happened.
    I was coming home after class and I see this mail truck sitting in front of my house. This guy is walking around the truck fixing things and I see its him! We are both shocked to see each other and he tells me that this is his new route. We joke around a bit and then I tell him goodbye. After he continues to sit outside my house for a while before pulling off.

Do you guys think this is a sign or a coincidence? I mean I was giving up on him but then he parks in front of my house... of all places. Should I ask him out?
    Last edited by jasmin55j; 01-12-18 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake
    "Not all who wonder are lost"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmin55j For This Useful Post:

Could he have found out or asked around for your home address? Seems like a way too big coincidence to me, but maybe it was fated to be? Don't look the gift horse as they say in the mouth and take the next chance you get to ask him out, do you know if he is single, or straight? Yes, ask him, maybe he wants to ask you and is nervous about your reaction, so if you both wait no one asks and nothing progresses.

Welcome to the forum.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

Well he was off today so I didn't get to see him, maybe this is another sign? I had seriously planned on asking him out but then.... I think I will stop trying. Also thank you for the welcome!
    "Not all who wonder are lost"

He knows where you are now, work and home so wait to see him in either place and then hit him up, but don't bother going out of your way to ask him because he could have asked you too. Maybe he is not single, has he flirted with you? Want to point out that some guys don't like to get with someone new before Christmas because of the gifting aspect, I know several male friends that slow their roll ( LOL!) during this time and get more dating active start of new year. He should have asked for your number.

People often say that their experience with dating sites was horrible. Why? I've been a member of my own community for many years and it's good. It's a surprisingly good place to meet people of muslim faith online: https://meetville.com/catalog/us/cg-3-religion/6169/muslim I like how everyone contacts you first there, and in a very respectful manner.

I think the first thing I would say is stop trying to interpret "signs." Sure, maybe some things in life CAN be a sign, so to speak.... but the things is we will never really know. We'll never really know which things are truly "signs" and which are just complete coincidences. ...So be like Nike and just do it. LOL!

In other words, if you are interested in asking him out, just go ahead and ask him out. I don't necessarily agree with those saying you shouldn't go out of your way to do so because he would if he was interested. Sure, a lot of guys will... but that doesn't automatically mean he is one of those guys. There could be a lot of reasons why he is or could be interested in you but has not asked.

Heck, I myself have been ridiculously shy my whole life, and a million times more so with women. In the past I could have been super crushing on somebody and yet she'd never know. Not even if she was somebody I encountered every single day. Maybe I'd have WANTED to ask her out, but past me always KNEW (whether it was true or not) that nobody would ever like me that way, so there was no point to even ask.

I don't know if that is the case for him or even if he's shy at all. But I just tell you that to illustrate that him not asking you out does not automatically indicate that he is not interested. It MAY... but it just as easily may not.

If you wanted to first, you could feel free to try a little subtle flirting first. Maybe drop a few hints and hope he picks up on it. I could understand if you'd prefer him to make the move first. But, when it comes down to it, if he does not make the first move, why not try yourself? What would you really have to lose? If he isn't interested, then he wasn't going to be anyway. If he IS interested after all, wouldn't you be kicking yourself for even considering not giving it a shot?

Believe me, I don't mean to make it sound like that is so easy. I know it is hard. I know, as well, if he said no it would be embarrassing, it would hurt, it would be awkward. ...But you would see that you will get past that. We can't live our lives guarding ourselves from possible pain all the time. Not if it keeps us from living our lives.

Best of luck to you! If it turns out he is not interested... well, somebody else will be some day.