+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Plautonic Friendship ??

Plautonic Friendship ??

Hello Everyone,

I am posting to this forum because I want womens or other people opinion on a situation that I am going through.

I have been a "very" close friend with a women that is about 13 years older than me. We have a lot of things in common, we are both college teachers, and work for the same school. We share the same perspective on lots of issues and have been VERY close friends for a little more than 5 years now. There are things that I like alot about her is that no matter what she gives signs of life and answers back when I TEXT, call or email her. She is VERY consistent on that regard.

She is independant. She is very close to her aging mother that is about 98 years old. She has 2 brothers and another sister. She has her profile and several dating sites. She is smart and an attractive women given her age. When she puts make-up and colors her hair I would easily make her look like 35 years old. She exercises regularly and takes care of herself.

She drives. She has strong work ethics.
    Given all this our "frienship" is PLOTONIC. She has said to other peole that we ARE NOT in a relationship. She encourages me to see and date other women. She dates other men but nothing realy serious has come our of those relationships. She has a REVOLVING door of men that she has been dating.

She asks me out to DANCE with her.
    In about 6 months I will turn 50 years old.
    She never wanted to have children. I have 2 teenage daughters aged 131/2 and 12. She has AVOIDED to meet them. She has never come to my home.

I feel that she treats me like a PUPPET. She has 4 different properties. She has 2 homes about 45 minutes from me and a country house IN THE WOODS that is 90 minutes drive away.

She likes to teese me about my age or soon to be ?
    She also says that she fantasise me in a relationship with another man.
    She has said that recently over the last 6 months she has a new boyfriend that is italian.

What should I make of this ?

Paul

Let me add the following:

- About 1 month ago, out of the blue at the last minute, she put her name for a city councillor position and she got the job because she was the only candidate that applied. I was totally surprised, because she always told me that she did not like meetings. She told me that she will struggle to joggle her schedule between teaching duties and city councillor.

- Last Thursday, out of the blue, she told me that she was dating this new "italian guy". She even showed me his picture on her cell phone.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

This women as asked me to go dancing with her at different bars like Prohibition, Starbucks, etc.
    She has told me that for example goes to a particular Starbucks on Lakeshore boulevard in Oakville "ALL THE TIME" but it is the first time that I have known her to go there in 5 years that I know her.

Also, last year my daughter was taking ballet lessons once or twice a week near that particular Starbucks, but she NEVER said anything about that location.

I feel that she is a PLAYER a MANIPULATOR.

Comments ?

Paolo

- - - Updated - - -

She is inviting me to her birthday party this Saturday evening. She first told me about 1 month ago that she would not organize a birthday/christmas party this year and that last year she spent 5000$ organising a christmas party which she had invited me. Her birthday is December 22nd.

I don't believe that she spent anything more than maybe 120$ for the christmas party, everything was cheap stuff that you can easily find at the supermarket.

I feel she is a PLAYER......MANIPULATOR.........

Comment ?

I just need to talk about my experience and vent !!!!!!!!

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

She is inviting me to her birthday party this Saturday evening. She first told me about 1 month ago that she would not organize a birthday/christmas party this year and that last year she spent 5000$ organising a christmas party which she had invited me. Her birthday is December 22nd.

I don't believe that she spent anything more than maybe 120$ for the christmas party, everything was cheap stuff that you can easily find at the supermarket.

I feel she is a PLAYER......MANIPULATOR.........

Comment ?

I just need to talk about my experience and vent !!!!!!!!

Paul