+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We ARE NOT a couple

We ARE NOT a couple

Hello,

I have met this women that is a little older than me.
    She invited me to go to a Cottage Show on a Saturday.

When we were there one of the representatives by chance said : What a lovely couple. My "friend" immediately replied " WE ARE NOT A COUPLE".

Why does she keep asking me out ? She likes to ask me out on coffee dates, to go dancing, etc. We have strictly plautonic relationship.

She often asks me if I have found some one else, and has a revolving door of dates and none seem to stick.

Is she a Player ?
    She often makes veil remarks about my age.

Comments ?

Paul

Does she want you to ask her to date you, and that is why the quick we are not a couple remark off her, or...she isn't attracted to you and took offense that anyone would think she was dating you, if so, wow she is rude. Maybe she is lonely and only wants a male friend companion to go and be social with without any romantic attachment, maybe she is asexual.

Let me add a few more details. I have know her for about 5 years now. We are both College teachers working for the same school but teaching in different campuses and departments. I teach in IT and she teaches in Business Marketing and Communication.

She is quite independant. She is a workaholic and very motivated by money.
    She was married once a long time ago but never had or wanted children. She is 13 years my senior. She is very close to her own mother which is now in her mid-nineties.

I am a single dad of 2 young teenage daughters.
    She has never come to my own house. She has never met my kids and almost bends over backwards to avoid meeting them.

We have alot of things in common, it is not funny. We are both landlords and share an interest in real estate and the outdoors. She has several online profiles on different dating sites and has even shown me and told me about it.

She has been dating other men but nothing seems to stick. It is a constant revolving door of men with her. She says that she wants a man to worship her.

She is well off financially.
    One thing that I like alot about her is that she is answers back when contacting her, she responds to phone messages and TEXTS and so and always gives a sign of life.

She however makes snarky comments about my age. I about to turn 50 in 6 months. Even she is 13 years older than me. I have never had such a close relationship with a women in that way.

I am confused by her and how she sees me.
    She encourages me to see and date other women and has tried to hook me up with friends of hers. I have been to her place a few times. She basically has a house and a vacation home deep hidden in the woods.

She likes to go for coffee dates. She even likes to go dancing with me.
    What should I make of this ?

She has her moment where she is snarky and condoscending, saying that I could never buy a house as nice as hers, but in some cases has later apologized for it.

Comments ?

Paolo