+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a real apology?

I'm not sure if that was real apology. I can feel that he just didn't want to lose you. Asking if he feels guilty at all is still questionable.

Yeah, people apologize all the time without actually meaning it. Based on the more we've learned about this guy, I'm fairly certain he didn't mean it in the slightest. He's the type who isn't actually sorry he did it... he's just sorry it got him in trouble. He's sorry because of ill effects HE suffered... not because of any way he may have hurt anybody else.

I think that even though the response had a “but” in it the apology is definitely sincere and there shouldn’t be any reason to suspect it isn’t sincere based on the information given.
    Since the “but” was followed by an I love you and things of that nature I think he was just expressing how he felt and trying to apologize in the best way he could.

- - - Updated - - -

I think your definitely better off without him, and that his apology was completely insincere. I believe that he said everything he said to make sure you wouldn’t leave him but I feel that for your own wellbeing, that you should drop him quick.

Um... what? LOL! You just contradicted yourself in your own advice. Was that like two of the different voices in your head? Because mine usually just tell me to kill people and burn things.

Funny thing is, this was almost my exact reaction while following along with the progress of this thread. At first, given the less information we were provided I thought it sounded like the apology COULD have maybe been sincere..... Then we learned more details and I was thoroughly convinced the guy is a loser and there isn't a sincere bone in his whole body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12