+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Which movie do you want to win best picture?

Which movie do you want to win best picture?

I'll put this here because threads are closing in this section.

Hereditary got nothing Toni Collette, special effects, screenplay robbed?

Roma
    The Favourite
    Black Panther
    Green Book
    Vice
    A Star Is Born
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Blackkklansman

Um, why is Black Panther there? I thought a star is born remake was awful, BTW.

So I would say Bohemian Rhapsody or The artsy black and white movie Roma will win. Oscars eat that stuff up.

I don't really care about any of these movies, you?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

i don't really care about any of the chosen films either. if i was forced to pick one i would pick :vice.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Haven't seen a single one.

Speculation, but I've heard Black Panther is likely there due to politics in the States.
    The politics and media are kinda bad right now. Politics have just been pouring into everything.

Also, awh, you saw Hereditary too?? I loved the story of it!
    Last edited by GLYC; 24-01-19 at 08:39 AM.

I could not possibly care less about award shows like this. They are generally so full of crap I personally feel they don't matter.

I also have not yet seen any of the movies except Black Panther. I'll probably see some of them (just haven't YET) but probably won't even bother with some of them.

I loved Black Panther.... but I don't honestly feel it deserved even the nomination. Especially not over the MANY other Marvel movies over the years that never got even nominated before. In my opinion there have been WAY better Marvel movies. Don't get me wrong. Black Panther was awesome. I just didn't think it was so good as to deserve the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I could not possibly care less about award shows like this. They are generally so full of crap I personally feel they don't matter.

I also have not yet seen any of the movies except Black Panther. I'll probably see some of them (just haven't YET) but probably won't even bother with some of them.

I loved Black Panther.... but I don't honestly feel it deserved even the nomination. Especially not over the MANY other Marvel movies over the years that never got even nominated before. In my opinion there have been WAY better Marvel movies. Don't get me wrong. Black Panther was awesome. I just didn't think it was so good as to deserve the nomination.
    I agree, they just aren't accurate. I'm curious how they even get these nominations?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Only Green Book, it was one of my favorites previously so I am excited the film is nominated and both actors and writer too

I didn't enjoy The Favourite, Olivia Coleman as was the others were too over the top, I didn't find it funny either.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

The only one that I thought wow they deserve an Oscar was Sam Rockwell and Christian Bale in Vice. So if I think that then their movie should win too, so agree with Exeter19.

I hate to say this but I was disappointed with Bohemian Rhapsody, they could have shown more of his life before making it big and after when he got aids.

Agree, Star is Born was not good.

Black Panther is in best movies to get the broadcast ratings up.

- - - Updated - - -

On Hereditary talk, I was shocked it got nothing and shocked if Black Panther was in best pictures why wasn't A Quiet Place or Wildlife or Can You Ever Forgive me?
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

steve carrel and amy adams were good in vice too, it had a lot of good performances so I can see why it got the best picture nom.

someone said the oscars and their noms is just a big circlejerk and that is why horror movies like a quiet place and hereditary were snubbed. and the oscars do not want to appear racist or metoo sexist atm either, so that helps understand why some got nom'd and others did not.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Behind the scenes look at the movies and how they were created from the Oscars list.
    Watched a little bit of it, some of it seemed pretty cool, seeing the sets, how they made the noises for A Quiet Place (the sounds for the monster moving is crab legs cracking lol).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4XYgx805_88

I will say Roma because it was the most unique of the group and was backed by Netflix and still got a nomination for Best Picture so if it wins it sticks it to those big studio films

i recently saw green book, it was a good movie so i wouldn't hate if it got a win along with vice.
    William Blake

@ lovebroken - Your pick won it.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Spike Lee was a sore loser over Green Book winning, guess what Spike your movie wasn't as good as Green Book or some of the others and IDK why it was even up for Best Picture and you won an award so take a seat.