+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Dear people, I really hope that there is somene outthere who will read this message and take his time to give me an advice. I somehow have a feeling that I am making all the wrong steps. My boyfriend broke up with me; we had a lot of quarrels in the last months, and he was always the one reassuring me that those are going to pass by, that they are only temporary. And at the end he was the one who broke up. He just said that we had one fight too much. And that very day HE was talking avout the house and the kids we were going to have. It happened so fast and unexpected, then although we fighted so much we were in love with eachother till the last day. He said that he finally saw the thruth, and that we should stop lying to ourselves, and that we cannot work it out.I am desperate since then. However, he insisted that we should stay friends. He called me often and wanted to see me for a coffe, but it always ended up with him telling me that it cannot work now (not now, not now, maybe in two months , maybe in two years, maybe never, who knows, but certainly not now?!) because he has got other problems home and at the college, and because he is not expierienced enough, and because he has to be alone now, and because he is all broken down and has no power and strength for living, and because, he cannot afford a minimun you should bring into a relationship, he is more in mood for easier things in life. He gave me thousend reasons, and he very offen got into contradictions. At the beggining I was begging him to stay with me. So stupid, I know that wont bring me anywhere. It was so hard for me , so I told him that he should be with me or we are not going to see eachother at all; each time as I said that, he really bagged me to stay friends, because he needed me in his life so much. And really; now he went to the Army, he is serving in another town and he called me from there so I went to visit him, so we had a nice evening together, like old friends ; it was wonderfull, because we always can talk and talk with eachother... But for the first time he did not show any feelings, and me either( I was playing, of course)...
    I just know that I want him back, and I am sure that things can work out know, but what should I do... I kept living my life, but there is just a hole where used to be and I am not interested in anyone else... I read here that most of you think that the friendship is possible after a relationship , but only after both sides dont feel anything for eachother, but I love him, and this is a real horror for me, and I know he knows that, no metter how hard I try to hide it know... and he is actually a decent guy... Can anyone of us tell me what he is possibly doing? Do I have any chance to get him back...Please, please, please...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Wow that sucks... well... I guess you should look at like it was great being with him, and it was a pleasure being his boyfriend, but it looks like it won't work anymore.

I know that is difficult, but that how it looks to me. If he wants to be friends, then that just might be best for now. Maybe, eventually, down the road, you two rekindle what you had.

But until then... just let it lie and try not to let it bother you too much.

I know it's hard.

LINEBACKER 2