+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Men's Hairstyles Do You Like?

What Men's Hairstyles Do You Like?

I figure this is the spot where most of the regular posters are in.

In your opinion, what are the best looking hairstyles for men currently?

Feel free to post pictures.

I feel like the topic is something more appealing for women to chime in, but men feel free to chime in what hairstyles you think look good too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Ok something is wrong with website, It keeps removing my post and told me in an error I only have permission as a new member to post 3 messages, WTF??? Lost my post to you with pics 4 times. ERRRRGH this site.

Look at this link, GLYC And at side links 100s of choices on that page you can link to.
    https://www.menshairstylesnow.com/best-mens-hairstyles-2018/

Like these 2 choices best:

(≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

Bald. Shaved completely bald. Not that I am biased or anything. LOL!

Naw, kidding. I know women don't like that. I'm fugly. LOL! But, I look much better bald than I do with hair, so for me it is the best case scenario. I happen to love my bald look.

I'm a fan of the Hemsworth bros - Liam and Chris's hairstyles.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

i like mine short, close to the head or maybe some length near the front only.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

It's always interesting to see what other people do, or what women like.

I tried the shorter hair styles, with the high and tight-ish.

I don't know, my hair grows straight out like a chia pet, and it has to either be cut super regularly or it starts to just look bad. Currently trying some longer hair again, I'm liking it.

Always was tempted to try a shaved head. But I'm afraid I'll look like a bearded egg. Lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Always was tempted to try a shaved head. But I'm afraid I'll look like a bearded egg. Lol.
    Yeah, it is a little nerve-wracking that first time if/when you ever decide to shave bald. You never quite know if it will work for you, if you have a good head shape for it, etc. You could always test it with one of those bald caps. Or an app that lets you take a pic of yourself and try various hairstyles.

For me, the inspiration to finally go for it came from two very weird sources. 1) Bane from "The Dark Knight Rises." 2) A dude on YouTube who actually looks a lot like me and was rocking the shaved bald look while I still hadn't yet. It looked really good on him and he looked a lot like me, so I was thinking it could work for me.

I also looked in the mirror, held my hair back with my hand to sort of simulate a bald look and thought "Yeah, that's not too bad." I finally got it done... and loved it! I look so much better that way. I haven't looked back since.

It definitely isn't for everybody, but for some it can make all the difference. Of course, probably just cements the fact that I'll be alone the rest of my life... but I've accepted that anyway. LOL!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Show us your current hairstyle, GLYC & maybe we can give you suggestions on what would look best for you? Can always take your face part out of pic by blurring if you want.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

I actually like your hairstyle in your pic on your profile album, GLYC.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Also always the option to try something bold. Shave it all off except two patches on each side of your head that you grow long and gell down super hard so you can form them into devil horns. Shave your favorite cartoon character into the side of your head. Shave one side of your head completely bald and grow the other side out. Bring the mullet back. Or go reverse mullet.

....Actually... you know what... don't listen to me. I don't think I give good hair advice. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Show us your current hairstyle, GLYC & maybe we can give you suggestions on what would look best for you? Can always take your face part out of pic by blurring if you want.
    Im down for this! I'm getting my haircut this week and have been shopping around for new products.
    I'm just trying something different and it's long-ish (maybe 4 inches in spots), but nowhere near the length it was when I was younger.

Ill cut it and then try to get a picture. But I would be interested in hearing recommendations for future cuts regardless! I'm all ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    I actually like your hairstyle in your pic on your profile album, GLYC.
    Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I too also like the Hemsworth haircuts, I have one of Liams saved for reference amongst other hairstyles. I also kinda like Bradley Coopers longer style

Overall, I really like some of the textured, healthy, sometimes flowy hairstyles, the ones that look a little more natural.

Versus the stiff, super shiny look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Yeah, it is a little nerve-wracking that first time if/when you ever decide to shave bald. You never quite know if it will work for you, if you have a good head shape for it, etc. You could always test it with one of those bald caps. Or an app that lets you take a pic of yourself and try various hairstyles.

For me, the inspiration to finally go for it came from two very weird sources. 1) Bane from "The Dark Knight Rises." 2) A dude on YouTube who actually looks a lot like me and was rocking the shaved bald look while I still hadn't yet. It looked really good on him and he looked a lot like me, so I was thinking it could work for me.

I also looked in the mirror, held my hair back with my hand to sort of simulate a bald look and thought "Yeah, that's not too bad." I finally got it done... and loved it! I look so much better that way. I haven't looked back since.

It definitely isn't for everybody, but for some it can make all the difference. Of course, probably just cements the fact that I'll be alone the rest of my life... but I've accepted that anyway. LOL!
    I will likely join you with time. I was tempted to make the plunge, but I just figured while I still have a head full of hair (who knows what might happen), I may as well take advantage of it !

The bald/buzzed head look can look really good though. I approve of it
    Last edited by GLYC; 26-02-19 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    I will likely join you with time. I was tempted to make the plunge, but I just figured while I still have a head full of hair (who knows what might happen), I may as well take advantage of it !

The bald/buzzed head look can look really good though. I approve of it
    Yeah. If you've got it, flaunt it. LOL! Honestly, I never really had very good hair. I wore it long in my high school and college days, but it looked like crap. I didn't know how to take care of it. So, hair just never really worked well for me. LOL! For me, the bald look works so much better.

I really like that first picture breathe linked you, GLYC or a closely shaven head like Jester said... I don't like long hair on guys, or man buns, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    I really like that first picture breathe linked you, GLYC or a closely shaven head like Jester said... I don't like long hair on guys, or man buns, haha.
    Oh my God! The man bun! Why does anybody ever think that is a good idea? LOL! It looks so ridiculous and kinda low key makes me want to punch the guy in the face. LOL! That seriously needs to go the way of the mullet. (Another look I cannot understand how we ever thought was okay.)

On the flip side, I've actually always found the bun look, and even the "messy bun" look kinda cute on women.

Yeah, I'm having issues trying to upload a picture to our albums.
    This thing really doesn't like to cooperate!

If anybody has found a solution or a good method to do that, let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Hahaha. Fair enough! I'm also trying not to look like Jimmy Neutron is my other goal. I don't know, there's a certain hairstyle that just looks very childish and too cartoony like. When it has too much volume. I don't think I'm at that point yet, but my thick hair definitely wants to be.

i like that side part look Breathe posted too!
    It looks professional and just really good. Great hairstyle!

I would be interested in trying to make mine look more like that. Or on a similar note, to this.

I think I need to use a little more product and maybe start out with some damper hair, or try a hairdryer.
    I'll try stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Oh my God! The man bun! Why does anybody ever think that is a good idea? LOL! It looks so ridiculous and kinda low key makes me want to punch the guy in the face. LOL! That seriously needs to go the way of the mullet. (Another look I cannot understand how we ever thought was okay.)

On the flip side, I've actually always found the bun look, and even the "messy bun" look kinda cute on women.
    The top bun look I always thought looked kind of weird. Reminded me of a Flintstones character.

This guy is honestly just a good looking guy, I feel like if 99% of people tried this, it would always just look ridiculous. Lol.

Last edited by GLYC; 09-03-19 at 12:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast