+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Let your freak flag fly (Share something weird about yourself)

Let your freak flag fly (Share something weird about yourself)

As usual not much activity around here, so I've been thinking of topics I think are interesting to start myself.

For this one, here's my idea.... Share something weird about you. Obviously something that you are comfortable sharing (so maybe not REALLY weird, LOL) but something you think others might find weird. Feel free to explain as much or as little as you want.

Also, feel free to discuss each other's additions, comment, etc. It's more fun if we actually discuss rather than just everybody listing their own and moving on, so if you have stuff to add to somebody else's contribution, like maybe you can relate to one somebody shares, or maybe you have questions about one, or whatever, please feel free. (Obviously be respectful, though.)

I'll start us off to give you an idea of what I mean.

1) I like bread butts and I cannot lie

What the heck do I mean? You know how when you by a loaf of bread there are those two end pieces? Some call them the heel of the bread, I like to jokingly call them the bread butts. Most people throw those out. They eat all the inner-bred pieces and just get rid of the ends.

...I happen to love the ends. I actually save the top end and then eat all the other pieces until I get to the bottom end. Then, on my next sandwhich, I use both ends together. I actually really enjoy it because it is almost like getting to have a bun instead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

The ends of bread make the best toasted pieces :]

Freak flag ~ When my bf & I kiss & one or the other is chewing gum we take it for ourselves and continuing chewing it ~ this grosses people out.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

Sex in public places with two ex's. Mostly darkened places, not sunlight in the full on open.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    The ends of bread make the best toasted pieces :]
    Funny. I haven't tried that specifically. I like the bread butts as is, so I've never felt the need to toast them. I do love the other pieces toasted, though.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Freak flag ~ When my bf & I kiss & one or the other is chewing gum we take it for ourselves and continuing chewing it ~ this grosses people out.
    ....Yeah, that's gross. LOL! No offense intended, of course. Heck, if it is your thing, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    Sex in public places with two ex's. Mostly darkened places, not sunlight in the full on open.
    Actually... I could be wrong, but I don't think that is really considered all that weird. Isn't that something a lot of people just do? I don't think it is all that uncommon. Personally, I've never understood that. Some people seem to think the excitement that you could get caught adds to the excitement of it. Me, I never got that. Why would I want to possibly get caught? Why would I want to do that out in some public place when I can easily do it in the comfort of my own home?

But... truth be told I think that actually puts me in the minority, not you. I mean, I could be wrong, but I don't think that's considered all that weird these days.

My next freak flag:

2) My SUPER weird burger hierarchy.

When it comes to hamburgers, I have the weirdest hierarchy of decisions as to what condiments or other toppings it gets. You know how the type of burgers you get at a restaurant taste different from the kind of burgers you make at home (like when you make them yourself with ground beef)?

Well, for me, home-style burgers get mustard (preferably some kind of hot or spicy style mustard) and no toppings.

Restaurant-style burgers get ketchup (and sometimes yellow mustard as well, but usually just ketchup). Most often I will also top them with lettuce, tomatoes, and raw onions. ....But I like to take the lettuce and tomatoes off and eat them separately. The onions, though, stay on when I eat the burger. ABSOLUTELY no cheese, though.

.....UNLESS.... the burger happens to be one topped with other things (like bacon, or onion rings, or whatever). Then, I top it with lettuce, tomatoes, and raw onions... and maybe even pepper jack cheese. ONLY pepper jack cheese, though. In those cases, it gets BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. In those cases I also eat the burger with ALL topping on it rather than my above method of eating the lettuce and tomatoes separately.

I don't even know why in the heck this became my way of eating burgers. LOL! It's so weird... but it is just how I like them. Very specific to what kind of burger I am having.

I like to drink my ice cream, over drinking actual milk. I scoop it out, wait for it melt and either glass drink it, or spoon eat it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dollhouse For This Useful Post:

That actually sounds kinda good. Now I'm almost tempted to try that myself. LOL!

I can't believe I'm drawing a blank right now on any of my own additional freak flags. I'm a weird son of a gun! LOL! I have a million of them. For some reason, though, right now I'm drawing a blank. I'll be back with more, though.

Ever tried a Coke float? It's just Coca-Cola, floating on top with vanilla ice cream. They're like a sundae.

3) An occasional break actually HELPS me stick to my workout routine

So, you know how most people have this philosophy when they have a workout routine that they can't take a day off EVER? (Within reason, of course. I'm sure most won't work out if they are sick or something like that.) The thought process being the second you take a day off, it becomes too easy/tempting to take another day off. Then that becomes taking several days off. Soon it becomes a slippery slope and you stop completely.

Doesn't work that way with me. Mind you, I try to make skipping a workout as rare as possible. I will only do it if I have a compelling enough reason. I'm not feeling well, I'm having too bad a day, I was at work late and just need to rest. etc. ...BUT.... for me it is actually helpful to allow myself the option to take a day off as needed. Otherwise, if I forced myself to do it every single time without fail no matter the reason, THAT would actually be more likely to discourage me personally. It would make it feel like an obligation and feel like it was hindering my quality of life.

Instead, allowing myself to take a break if/when I deem it is needed makes me feel like I'm doing it because I want to. Don't get me wrong. It isn't like I'd do it because I enjoy it. I do it because I think I should take better care of my body. So, if I could be super healthy without it, I'd stop in a second. LOL! But, my method actually helps me to feel like it is a choice and not something I'm forcing myself to do. It helps me a lot. Again, I do make those days I actually skip it pretty rare, though.

Where's all these old members popping up from now? Ha-ha. Please keep posting, or we'll go all dead again.