+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now this is seriously getting ridiculous.

Get used to me being around, you won't bully me.
    HASHTAG #
    #Stop My Coffee Cup harassing and bullying women on acyberlove.com
    I'm not Gimpy.

Where did all the other regulars go?

Exeter, lovebroken, pcmaster, hoo, topazlight? and morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Well, more and more members leave forums due to being busy or they get so inactive. I think if anybody can find their contact info in their profiles, they could be informed that we miss them and would like to see them come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    This place is quiet except for My Cofee Cup - hey! I always hope I log in and post order is fixed, there are new members and an active admin or mod.
    CantMoveOn, have you heard of Canadian bands like Loverboy, Chilliwack, Platimum Blonde and Edward Bear?

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    Where did all the other regulars go?

Exeter, lovebroken, pcmaster, hoo, topazlight? and morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre
    Yeah, even I must admit I've been teetering lately on the idea of just giving up on this site once and for all. I don't want to do that, but it just seems to hit all new lows and doesn't seem to be coming back from it.

I know that spammers are unpleasant and forums are dead these days, but as a general rule of thumb, I wouldn't recommend anyone do that. I also wouldn't name any trolls by name or complain at all, as annoying as the spam is. Just keep posting, and blocking people, because by leaving and quitting, that's giving the trolls what they want, so hit that ignore button... and WATCH AS THEY SCREAM INTO THE ABYSS - much like this guy here!

I can't speak for anybody else, but I have never and will never leave because of trolls and/or spammers. For exactly the reasons you cite. I've been pondering leaving because there is almost no activity here. If there is no activity, or nearly no activity, then it doesn't serve the purpose of being a fun temporary distraction.

Though, I will admit that it doesn't particularly help that the admin/admins are virtually non-existent and do nothing to deal with the abusive posts and offensive images posted to be blatantly offensive. A board should at least have an active enough moderator/admin so stuff like that will be removed sooner rather than later.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Yep. I agree. Why bother paying the hosting fees just to leave a site that a lot of people actually find useful, in this state?

At first, members who came here were just a Joe or a Dame, needing some advice. Over time, they became respected users that actually helped to keep this place going. This disgrace of an admin cannot grasp that. I did try to look up the host, hoping there would be a contact number for the tool in charge, but it seems the owner privatised that info. Generally though, it's not just abusive people that have been messing things up in recent years. It is also a case of social media being more dominant over post boards, even though I will never favor Facebook over forums. Not ever.

I have spoken to the police about "it" already. But I can't say anything more, as that is giving away too much. He will likely try posting again to get traction on his silliness, but just place him on ignore mode and that way, you won't even see his filth. He will probably get angry that no one is responding. Keep it up, and watch as he becomes nothing but a ghost to everyone here. On other forums, I know an admin can choose to globally ignore a user so their posts don't show up to members that are logged in. They try to bomb the forums, not realising that nobody is seeing the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by My Coffee Cup View Post
    It is also a case of social media being more dominant over post boards, even though I will never favor Facebook over forums. Not ever.
    You are probably right that people don't use message boards as much these days because they prefer social media instead. I, myself, am with you on Facebook, though. I stopped using Facebook YEARS ago and have not looked back. I grew to hate Facebook, mostly because of the people on it. Selfish, self-centered people. I got sick of my so called "friends" who would ignore my posts like I didn't exist. Yet some of them would even turn around and whine and moan that nobody ever likes or comments on their posts. This even when I DID like and comment on their posts. I got sick of the overall whiney, selfish nature of people on Facebook.

I was off social media completely for a few years before I discovered Instagram, which has been a much more positive experience for me. Sure, there's still some people who try to ruin it, but they seem more rare than on Facebook. At least in my experience, Facebook was more negativity than positivity. Instagram has been the exact opposite.

Today, I got this random email from something called mega.nz, about someone filing a copyright counter on a lot of videos that I had on YouTube to do with those idiots who were annoying some user and Resident Evil fan, known as Nemesis. I'm doubting that this is you know who again, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was him.

The cheek of some people. How can people think they can do that and always get away with it, when they don't have the actual copyright to my personal videos in the first place? That is just so dumb. Oh, yeah. They get around that shit by saying it should be allowed to stay up, because they're doing it for "criticism" and satire. That still constitutes abuse, because I briefly explained that the person in question had been stalking me and stealing my stuff. Hopefully that is all it takes to convince them that by adding them back, that would hereby be breaking their terms of service. When I accessed the link, it also stated that the user had his account terminated, so that also sits well for me too.

Some follower of these two nutters on YouTube had taken them before I removed them from my own channel, which I have since deleted. Funnily enough, the date I issued the takedown of these clips was almost a month ago. I'm not sure why I'm just getting that message about it now. The address that the person left in his fabricated rebuttal thing, had the guy's real email address, but I'm sure the rest of it was to do with a fake person supposedly living in Toledo, Ohio. Likely the creep's mother or whatever. But no one that knows I've been "doxxing" people on the Internet and ringing the cops overseas to issue a formal complaint, would be stupid enough to add their own address like that. So I don't think I have any cause for concern... yet!

And not a single damn was giving that day...

Jester, you'll be glad to know I've spoken to the New Zealand authorities. They've been a big help with my report, regarding this idiot's nonsense. He's certainly in a lot of trouble now.

Happy Slag Off Gimpy Day!

You're like a creepy cat that never goes the hell away!

You're just daft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12