+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Resident Evil 2 remake is awful, cliche, horror movie style BS...

The Resident Evil 2 remake is awful, cliche, horror movie style BS...

When I played it last month, it really did NOT remind me of the original game at all. This is like some overrated, gore drenched, Hollywood rip-off of a pure flawless classic, that all these fanboys online praise on gaming forums everywhere you land up. Not that there was anything wrong with it, per se. The voice acting was good, and it was a good game. But a 10 out of 10 game? Hell no. It was a fairly decent experience, but it wasn't worthy of full marks, though. I honestly think review sites are getting some major pay-off to say to consumers that the games put out now are great.

The original RE2, in case you didn't know, was a PlayStation (1) game. Over 20 years old too, and it's still scary to this very day. A blocky as all hell game by today's standards, sure... but one of the absolute best of its era. Fans really wanted to see a true remake of it, just like the GameCube remake of the first game, from way back in 2002. You can get that in HD now for the Xbox One and PS4, but it's not even truly HD. All they did, believe it or not, was zoom in somehow to create the illusion that it's fully HD. And you can spin the characters, which looks stupid if you run into the walls.

All the RE titles since 2005 have been upscaled and shitty, vastly shooter-ish, unscary, and uninteresting, overpriced garbage. Whether it's remasters, or actual original sequels. They're all lame. Resident Evil 4 was someone's bright idea about changing formulas that didn't need changing. In that game, they threw the baby out with the bath water. It didn't have zombies at all. The plot is absurd. It's about parasites that control their hosts, and all you do is shoot villagers and monsters that resemble nothing from the other games. Enemies also drop bullets and Spanish money, that you use to buy stuff from a merchant, or upgrade your weapons.

How the hell can you go from the classic style with zombies, claustrophobic corridors and scare factors, to this cheesy, science fiction, Rambo meets Deliverance crap? It doesn't remind you of RE 0, 1, 2, 3 or CVX at all. You know? The old, classic games from yesteryear that no one seems to care about anymore. It's pathetic.

I think games like Fortnite, Call of Duty and Outlast are to blame for why the franchise has ended up like this. It's always got to be a shooter game now, that is marketed to the public as a survival horror title. It's not even tense. You get everything thrown in your face now, because that's presumably what people enjoy. It's so cheap and effortless. Also, the DLC is rubbish too. I forgot about this game after like a week. Just an insult to the original. It's gotten so bad. Capcom is up there with Konami now. Also one of the best horror series, Silent Hill, is a bigger joke these days than even 'the joke endings' with the UFOs and the dog, as in the orange little doggy with the headphones that you found in a room in Silent Hill 2 if you met a certain objective. They must be smoking some seriously bad pot over there in Japan. Must just be a greed thing, because it's not really a logical thing any longer.

Nothing original exists in this series anymore. You don't get the zombies. RE6 may have had them, but that game sucks so much. The door loading scenes are gone. The typewriters have only been in some games. The plot in one game hardly overlaps with the next one. The new design for Chris Redfield is so gay. I don't understand how anybody can say Capcom did a good job. It's sad...

Don't just take my word for it here. Watch this guy's video. He really is spot on about this...

Last edited by My Coffee Cup; 07-03-19 at 05:09 PM.