+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Sitch

The Sitch

I've know Joanna for about 3 years, sense we were about 12ish. From about 12-13 I can tell we just were friends but it was still awesome and everthing. We got to know eachother, met her family and all that.

Now, though, things are of course different. I'm 15 now and she seems to be more flirtatious with me and all that. Few things I've noticed that have changed...

- She use to and still does sort of jokingly insult everyone, it's not mean really just something she does. She use to do this to me too, but now she doesn't, she only does it to others.

- She looks at me after she says anything to anyone, even if the sentence wasn't directed at me.

- When someone says or does something funny/stupid she'll look over at me then start laughing because she knows I sorta know her and everthing.

I like her of course snese the beginning but I was wondering what you guys thought, what I should do etc.

If I left anything else important out please ask me I'll answer you. any advice is good too, thanks.

~Blix

Quote Originally Posted by Blix
    - She use to and still does sort of jokingly insult everyone, it's not mean really just something she does. She use to do this to me too, but now she doesn't, she only does it to others.

- She looks at me after she says anything to anyone, even if the sentence wasn't directed at me.

Oh, poor Joanna. I'm going to surmise she's got mean parents who've taught her that cruelty is strength. Casually insulting people is mean, and you know she's just showing off for you.

If you're interested in saving her feelings, try to point out the same behavior in some uninvolved third party (like a celebrity). For instance, "I don't like Paris Hilton because I keep reading that she's said something mean and nasty about someone, and I really don't like mean people."

Then reward Joanna every time she says or does something sweet. If she says something nice, flash her a big grin, a kind of we're-good-people-and-I'm-glad-we're-friends grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Oh, poor Joanna. I'm going to surmise she's got mean parents who've taught her that cruelty is strength. Casually insulting people is mean, and you know she's just showing off for you.

If you're interested in saving her feelings, try to point out the same behavior in some uninvolved third party (like a celebrity). For instance, "I don't like Paris Hilton because I keep reading that she's said something mean and nasty about someone, and I really don't like mean people."

Then reward Joanna every time she says or does something sweet. If she says something nice, flash her a big grin, a kind of we're-good-people-and-I'm-glad-we're-friends grin.
    Let me clarify a bit, she looks over at me when she says ANYTHING, not just those "mean" things. Secondly I guess I didn't state it right but her little comments are like joking around with friends, not "bitchy" things. She just does it a lot. Also she'll look at me and start laughing and I will too sort of something we share I guess.

But if you think I mean she's mean mean or "bitchy" naw she doesn't like hurt people, just like friendly "Yo Mamma" jokes you do with your buddies, I guess.

~Blix

Guess I got a little focused on that one thing. Sorry.

Um, so, the question is- Is there any reason why you haven't made a move? You like her, she likes you (you know this). What's the problem?

I have no idea....

~Blix