+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Signs of interest from a shy girl?

Signs of interest from a shy girl?

I've taken an interest in a girl that is two years younger than me. Keep in mind that I'm in high school and I still have a lot to learn about these things, but I was wondering if there were any specific body language or other things shy girls do to communicate their interest.

Thank you for any feedback.

Xanithe

if she looks at you and blushes?

Sounds to me like you are a bit shy too, or maybe it is that you are just new at this approaching girls thing (since you said you didn't have much experience with this kind of thing).

I know shy people can sometimes feel unapproachable (especially if you are attracted to them), it just almost becomes intimidating. That social phobia vibe just makes it hard in taking the effort to talk to them first. However, you have to overcome that & go talk to her. She can look your way & blush or smile all day, but you won't be fully satisfied until you talk to her. Until then you won't really have any good indications of whether or not she may be interested. And too she won't know that you are interested either. Until you make that bold move you (& maybe her) will continue to question each others every move (& you could read her wrong).

Just walk up to her & start a conversation. Smile a LOT & KEEP eye contact! Show her that you have confidence & that you are enjoying talking to her. That more than anything should make her feel more at ease. Just be yourself! You have nothing to lose!

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.

I think you should watch for signs that she's not looking at you on purpose. If she won't look at you, she might like you back and not know how to deal with it.

I remember one time when I was sitting at on a bed in a room, with the door open. I could see her against a wall outside the room, and when she caught me looking at her, she moved to the left so I couldn't see her anymore. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, like most teenagers do, but could this mean anything at all? Or does this just confirm her shyness. To the people that responded, yes, I'm a recovering "nice guy" or in other words, a guy that needs to be more assertive.

Thanks for the responses so far.

I also want to add that we've known each other for around five years now, but not really talked to each other.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its hard to tell....

As someone who is kinda shy myself......in the past...when i really liked a guy......I would avoid him.... Or not look at him...... Or just get very quiet around him...
    I mean anything to avoid looking like it was obvious that I liked him.

The only way to actually tell is to say hi to her and give her a little smile. See what she says/does. And if anything its a start to getting her to talk to you... I mean maybe it will work..... Maybe u will make her more comfy around u so she does feel she can talk to you.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

most of the time, it depends. Sometimes shy girls look at you a lot, and sometimes shy girls are too afraid to look at you. At least when they're around you, they act scared? If she looks pretty plain and normal, she's prolly trying to hide it. Dunno, shy girls are kind of hard to interperate? Then again, all girls are, if they know the right techniques to hide it

yes there is a lot of shy girls out there...

Alright, so there's no real way to tell, or is it just iffy iffy?