+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flaky Kind of Guy - Get back together again?

Flaky Kind of Guy - Get back together again?

Because of family pressures, I broke up w/ my gf of 2 years about a month ago. I feel like shit because I nearly broke up w/ her once a year ago but this time really did it. I miss her like crazy and want to get back but am fearful beyond belief of how to deal with my family not accepting her. But really, I know she loves me more than anything, but should I realistically expect her to even view me the same after this? It's quite painful that I wake up crying at night... it's just insanely painful. In the long term, I feel that we won't make it, but in the short term I want so much just to have her in my life again.... I don't know what I want sometimes and just feel that I need to move on. Sometimes I feel like I really want to give it another shot.... but how would u feel if u knew someone really loved u but could not handle a relationship because of external factors? Girls, would you be willing to try again after so many tries before that only led to ups, downs, and uncertainties?
    Make more than just a donation: Volunteer your PC's idle time to fight against cancer! For more, please visit: www.grid.org or ask me how to join my cancer crunching team!

NOT WITH YOU.

After the way you've jerked her around, I really think you should just let. her. go.

Yes, I know you've been mooning over her for months, but dude, you still don't have any more to offer her than the shitty deal you had last year.

Quit being selfish. Let her get on with her life. i'm sure your mother has someone already picked out for you anyway.

damn it's tough. sometimes i really need people to remind me not to even try otherwise my heart just keeps.... remembering. I'm currently feeling very bitter about my family and how they soured this entire situation.
    Make more than just a donation: Volunteer your PC's idle time to fight against cancer! For more, please visit: www.grid.org or ask me how to join my cancer crunching team!

Quote Originally Posted by singularity2006
    Because of family pressures, I broke up w/ my gf of 2 years about a month ago. I feel like shit because I nearly broke up w/ her once a year ago but this time really did it. I miss her like crazy and want to get back but am fearful beyond belief of how to deal with my family not accepting her. But really, I know she loves me more than anything, but should I realistically expect her to even view me the same after this? It's quite painful that I wake up crying at night... it's just insanely painful. In the long term, I feel that we won't make it, but in the short term I want so much just to have her in my life again.... I don't know what I want sometimes and just feel that I need to move on. Sometimes I feel like I really want to give it another shot.... but how would u feel if u knew someone really loved u but could not handle a relationship because of external factors? Girls, would you be willing to try again after so many tries before that only led to ups, downs, and uncertainties?

No matter how your family feels about you and your decisions on life or relationships and whatnot, you shouldn't let their opinions change the way you feel and what you want...you care too much about what others think, obviously. I wouldn't try again...even if she would take you back, don't try...you said yourself you doubt it would work in the long run...so why take a chance on breaking her heart again...or even gettings yours broken? seems kind of dumb and selfish if you do decide to try again. Don't toy with a girl's heart...shitty.

You'll find someone...and if/when you do...seriously, don't let your family or friends or anyone else make your life decisions for you

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by singularity2006
    remembering. I'm currently feeling very bitter about my family and how they soured this entire situation.
    I think your family should have a vote, but not a veto over your relationships. What they think DOES matter since if if she marries you, she will also be marrying them.

Why did they not approve of this girl? Does your family have some valid concerns, or are they just nasty, crazy people?

Ultimately, you have no one to blame but yourself for splitting with the girl. Yes, they WANTED you to do it, but YOU did it, and if you know your family is not a reliable source for good advice, you ought not to have listened to them, and you should have drawn better boundaries around your relationship.

Unless you are willing to go to war with them for this girl, you should stay away from her. Even if you ARE willing to man up for her, there is no way of knowing whether or not she will take you back unless you ask.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?