+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I MOVED ON! time DOES work, guys and gals.

I MOVED ON! time DOES work, guys and gals.

If you search for my history of posts, you'll see that i got rejected by this girl that i really really liked starting my senior year of high school. I asked her out to prom but got turned down. I asked her out quite a few times, all got turned down except the first time. After those, i was pretty crushed and i couldn't concentrate on school work or to a small extent, life, because she would constantly be on my mind. It was my first time falling in "love", or strong-strong-strong infatuation, which was why it hurt so much after being rejected. For the last 2-3 months, I kept telling myself that i'd move on, but didn't really. It was only in words that i tell my friends, but i didn't really.

well yesterday, friday, was graduation and prom. In the morning grad ceremonies, i saw her, she saw me, but we didnt' take any photographs together. i felt i needed to move on. at prom, i didn't see her. period. after she promised me a dance when she rejected me as a date. Finally, as the dance started, i still haven't seen her at the banquet. so i felt a bit disappointed... but then i remembered there's this other really really pretty gal that i've had a small crush on since grade 9, whom i got to know a bit in this past month. so i went up and asked her for a dance, and we did. It was AMAZING. she was the first gal that i danced with since grade 10 dance class, and although we stunk at dancing, it was just simply an amazing dance. Period. the highlight of my night. Afterwards, i would dance with about 5 other gals, but closed the night with a last dance with her, or more like a jive. simply amazing. i probably got like, 5 hugs from her yesterday. once in the morning, 4 from our dances. I've gotten only cold shoulders from the girl that rejected me. This gal is much prettier, smarter, and a lot more outgoing too. she makes me feel wanted with her incessant hugs and patting of my head. while the other girl just made me feel unwanted, rejected.

well i was gonna go to this party that she was going to aftergrad, but lets just say the first aftergrad party i went to was extremely lame. so i got home and went to bed at 1:30am, but the dance with her and the moving on made my entire graduation worth it.

update/ps:

i had heard a rumour going around at a house party i threw two weeks ago, that the gal i danced with was a lesbian. I've heard this rumour periodically from her best-guy-friends. And i was JUST chatting with a good gal-friend of mine and her sister, about my dance, and apparantly the fact is... true... gawd it was hard to type "true". cause her sis' bf was really really close to her before.

Haha just when you think life is going straight, it throws another curve ball at you eh? well w/e, there's a week left of school, and i'm moving away for college, and this fact just set my mind at ease. that while i moved on from my first true crush-love because i had a special moment with another girl... that i know the reason this second one wouldn't work was due to something beyond my control.

good bye high school and hello LIFE!

That's the spirit

man u were lucky u found another girl but ur also unlucky tat she was a lebian . But all the guys are not lucky like you like me . But wait why I'm tellin my story.

Man u have a good spirit . U'll find another girl for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kai
    But wait why I'm tellin my story.
    LOL i am as just as bad!

Good spirit Off2College good that you showed others that you can move on!
    I apologise in advanced for my atrocious spelling. The advice or View I give probably wont be much good but it may help some one make a good suggestion!
    Cheers Steve

wow well done- i wish i could move on as easy as that.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It just makes you realize that even though life is full of disappointments.....theres always something out there that will lift your spirits and help you move on...!

Your life is just beginning... You closed one chapter of your life and now are opening another...

College is full of women/people....and there will be plenty....trust me.

I remember graduating high school all uncertain...and thinking that life won't get much better then this... And then, it did in ways. Sure I miss the good old days of high school and not having the worries of being an adult... Having both my parents to stand by me, crushes etc.....

But some stuff that happened in high school now seems so petty compared to life now.

There is alot more out there......and this is just the beginning.... So enjoy it!
    Last edited by Ellynn; 05-06-06 at 04:51 AM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

maybe she's bi?
    make sure you inspect these things thoroughly

i recently got over an ex gf from earlier this year. i refrained from asking her to senior prom (after our breakup 2 months prior) because we wanted to stay friends, and i didnt want to make any unpleasant ultimatum type situation.

but i'm over her, and its all good. we still talk every now and then, just friendly chit chat. i saw her at graduation, and it wasnt awkward at all. then at grad night i hung out with her and her friends and we all had a great time!

now that i've blabbed on unnecessarily,
    i AGREE. time heals.

-XD

well ya i think she is bi cause she dated one of my good buddies all the way back in grade 7. Of course we all just graduated high school.

Well again, i'm moving away for univresity so nothing long term can happen anyways. She's staying at my hometown for college.

but still, i feel great because this showed me that life is REALLY unpredictable, and makes me look forward to college all the more. This time, i want to live life by letting it surprise me.

time helps - but that ain't the ultimate solution... at one point or another, you're going to have to move on. keyword: YOU. it is you who will make the decision to move on. when you move on, you will start dating, but will be a whole lot wiser. just be careful when you start dating again though. there is a huge possibility that you may be living out the same script as in your last relationship. check [URL="http://www.itzamatch.com/smorgazboard_icu_dealing.jsp"]here[/URL] for tips. the past is not there to be forgotten, but rather, to be learned upon.