+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Take it Slow...

Take it Slow...

Whats that mean when a girl says she wants to "Take it slow?"

I've heard its not always a good thing but Doesn't it depend on the context????

Like my girl said things have seem to be happening real fast since we meet 3months ago, like a puzzle, the pieces just keep coming together and stuff. Thats a good thing.

I asked her to meet my parents and stay over at my house with her daughter. She said ok at first but then she said no that she felt that was movin too fast so she just wanted to take a step back and see things. She said she wanted to make a good impression on my mom and stuff.
    She said she had a tendacy to get scared if things get to fast to quick and she didn't want to push me away but that has been known to happen and she's tryin to get better at it.

So we meet my parents, that went good. Everyone liked each other. We had fun. My parents liked her and her daughter.

I asked her what did she mean by "takin it slow" and she said she didn't know and that she would let me know when it was going fast.

I don't know what she means. I'm just tryin to figure out if their is a hidden meaning to "take it slow" or if it is just what she said. She doesn't want to push the relationship that quickly onto her daughter and stuff. She wants to know me more because it has only been 3months now. Maybe in 4 or 5 months she feels better to stay at my house. BTW, I've stayed at her house but only with her dad their. I guess its different for her to stay at my house with my parents here.
    :confused:

And I guess "take it slow"....Is not anything sexual because we ended up doing stuff that night.
    Also The night that she was supposed to stay at my house, I ended up staying at her house instead. I slept in the familys mobile home.
    Last edited by Guz200sx; 05-06-06 at 08:11 PM.

King Zarathu Guest
    Hah! Typically I don't even listen to that bullshit. "Taking it slow" means she doesn't want to go too far too fast--she doesn't want to **** on the first date. My ex ended up giving me head about 3 weeks after she said "I want to take things really slowly..."

Heh, ok.

No, she wants to take it slow officially, and she should. She's got a kid, and she probably wants to be sure of you before getting super involved, with quasi-cohabitation and commitment, because she doesn't want to relinquish control over her life and where it's going.

She sounds sane, maybe a keeper, so it's worth going slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    Hah! Typically I don't even listen to that bullshit. "Taking it slow" means she doesn't want to go too far too fast--she doesn't want to **** on the first date. My ex ended up giving me head about 3 weeks after she said "I want to take things really slowly..."

Heh, ok.
    Yea, thats what I don't get....It doesn't mean anything sexual cause we have done that already and she liked it so I doubt she would give something up that she liked...And also on Saturday nite, after she had said that earlier in the week, we did stuff too and again she liked it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    No, she wants to take it slow officially, and she should. She's got a kid, and she probably wants to be sure of you before getting super involved, with quasi-cohabitation and commitment, because she doesn't want to relinquish control over her life and where it's going.

She sounds sane, maybe a keeper, so it's worth going slow.
    Yea....Everything what you said about the kid, is what she said too.
    I was wondering if their was deeper meaning to it......

I forget to mention also that we got into talking about her fear of being scared away by guys who, i guess, went too fast or whatever. I dunno....I told her I didn't want her to get scared and run away from me cause that was the last thing I wanted, which is true, because that would really hurt. Then she said but I would eventually get over it. And I said "yea, i guess, I prolly would. It would be hard but I dunno. I don't want that too happen." Then she said "that even if I told you that I didn't want us to see each other anymore, and I'm not actually saying that, you would get eventually get over that too, right?" and I said "sh!t that would be hard as hell. I dunno. I don't want that."

I dunno that whole part of the conversation was tipsy.....
    Basically I told her I would take it slow if she wanted us to take it slow. Thats what we agreed on. I dunno what exactly that means.....maybe its just the whole parent/sleeping over thing.

Does that really matter though when I have slept over at her house already??? And for four incredible days actually.
    Granted....Her whole family wasn't home. Only her dad was home at nite.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it was easier to introduce you to her parents then the other way around.

And she has her daughter to think about.. She wants to do whats best for her and make sure she isn't rushing into anything. I agree with her on taking things slow.

There is no deeper meaning, shes just letting you know that she wants to slow things down relationship wise... The seriousness of it... (not counting the sex obviously)

If you truly care about her.....then let her know and show her u respect that.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    Oops! Admittedly, I was being a total dickhead and did not read through your entire post due my pure laziness. Apologies.

Anyway, I agree with what the two up there said..well, it's not that I agree I just don't have anything to disagree with