+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

So what do you think about your dreams? Do you think there are significant

meanings behind your dreams?

Just wondering becasue this weekend I felt like I was receiving some type of

message in my dream. It was crazy and then the next night I dreamt I was

marrying Eminem and it was one of those dreams that I could be woken up and

go back to sleep and start where I left off.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=8597&highlight=dreams[/url]

same title from months back!

Way more entertaining than waking life, for sure!

Oh Darn You Are Absolutley Correct Thats Funny Though Our Titles Were Exactly The Same!! Woops
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

could somebody pls give me a boost on my reputation points? i'd appreciate it very much... thx

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dreamed that I kissed my close friend's husband and got caught by her sister-in-law. Ironically, that would be about the last man on the planet I would kiss in real life...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i think dreams are caused when you subconciously desire something, or wish you had it, were that or whatever. So much so that you never acknowledge that desire because it is too far away for your reality and therefore never think about it. But the wish is there.

yes so i beleive have meaning, they tell you what you deep down desire. Often in a very twisted way. Sometimes in rare cases i have know people whose dreams were indictive of something that was happening in their life. it sucks cuz i can never remember my dreams in the morning cuz i wake up look at the watch and go 'shit i m gonna be late!'

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I dreamed that I kissed my close friend's husband and got caught by her sister-in-law. Ironically, that would be about the last man on the planet I would kiss in real life...
    Eeew. I had a dream once that I was having sex in front of everyone with the sautee cook at the restaurant I worked at.

That was a bad morning. I woke up thinking, "Me and drunk Jim? No way!"

i have been having such vivid dreams!!! i had a dream with a baby dying, i think the child was murdered and the woman was in such horrific emotional pain.

I barely ever remember my dreams but I consider them to be meaningless.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Eeew. I had a dream once that I was having sex in front of everyone with the sautee cook at the restaurant I worked at.

That was a bad morning. I woke up thinking, "Me and drunk Jim? No way!"
    Yeah, I've had so many "no way!" dreams that I can't believe dreams have any real significance. I think they are just little short-circuits of the brain while you are sleeping.
    Last edited by vashti; 14-06-06 at 10:53 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think dreams are only somewhat meaningful. They are caused by random activity in the brain when you sleep, after all. I find mostly my dreams usually show something I want, something I am afraid of, or they are simply assorted bits of memory from the last few days that are patched together to create a weird tapestry of twists and turns. If there is any "hidden message" in dreams, it is only a realisation of a fear or desire you already had before, but didn't really think about a lot till it came out in the dream.

Do any of you have dreams from years ago that you still remember vividly? I have about three or so. One was a fabulous flying/gliding dream. Another was one where I saw some kind of horror movie preview that had lots of bugs in it, and then I dreamed that my dad died and bugs were crawling all over him and all-- gah that nightmare has really haunted me for years and years after I had the dream. and.. I forgot the third one. It'll come back later ¬.¬

Does anybody else have that dream where you think you're falling suddenly, like you rolled out of bed or something, and you wake up with a jerk, and find you're still in bed?

I have meaningfull dreams all the time, I think my cat is helpless so I'm really scared for him.
    I dreamt he drowned.
    I loved a girl when I was younger and I never told her, she just dissapeared.
    I dream about her all the time.
    I used to think Nadia was the most sexy person in the world and she always gets good grades.
    I dreamt of kissing her in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    Does anybody else have that dream where you think you're falling suddenly, like you rolled out of bed or something, and you wake up with a jerk, and find you're still in bed?
    I have that dream alot, scares the crap out of me I think it's caused by hearing or feeling something while you sleep and panicing because you don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    They are caused by random activity in the brain when you sleep, after all.
    Random activity my ass, It's just like defragmenting your computer, things get rearranged so that the important stuff is easy to remember. But when you've repressed something or when you feel very strongly about something that thing becomes the main object of attention for the dream.
    Last edited by Zyx; 17-06-06 at 07:43 AM.
    Visio Ego Est Visio Dei

Zyx's, I said dreams were _caused_ by random activity, not that they are random. I can tell that they're not random, because mine are similar to yours- as I said, I often dream of things i fear, as you dreamed of your cat.

The example of defragmenting a computer is very fitting. It would somehow just make sense if dreaming was our way of defragmenting, so to speak. But maybe we just say that because it sounds nice- maybe dreams just exist as a side effect of the way we think.

Ooh, who knows !

ill ask the girl i love she does phsychology (wrong spelling) and has a book on dreams ill find out what i can for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast