+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me clean up the mess I've made!

Quote Originally Posted by Blix
    Well then at least credit her. I don't listen to songs like that and I'm sure many other people don't. Plus by saying "This is from my journal word for word" it seems like you are implying you wrote it.

~Blix

Most people know that song already AND who sings it, and the ones who don't, someone will tell them. If you didn't know the song and assumed no one else did either, that's on YOU. You say I should credit her, I say you should've ASKED me first where I got the song from rather than assuming I was stealing it, and flapping your jaw accordingly. So I guess we'll agree to disagree. It's MY Journal, I'll write what I want in it.

It definately implyed YOU had written it by saying "word for word".

Plus you say your creative side. What in the hell is creative about taking someone's song, changing a few words, and writing it in your journal?

~Blix

It definately implyed YOU had written it by saying "word for word".

Plus you say your creative side. What in the hell is creative about taking someone's song, changing a few words, and writing it in your journal?

~Blix
    My creative side? What the hell are you talking about??? I never said anything about any creative side.

I never claimed to be creative, and I also didn't change one single word of that song. I quoted it bizzactly the way she sings it. What are you talking about????

On second thought, never mind. If anyone ELSE has any useful thoughts or further advice about my actual Journal entry and the story therein, please feel free to share them.

BF will be home from work in four hours, and he's gonna be calling me directly to hang out with him. I'd like to hear someone's objective opinion on the way the evening should go. One of my girlfriends has already advised me to run, don't walk away from BF. I don't think that's the right answer, but I have NO idea what the right answer IS. I need to do SOMETHING proactive tonight, but I am unsure what, exactly.

This afternoon, my 7 yo son looked at me and said, "Mommie, [BF] sure takes good care of you, doesn't he? I'm glad he's your friend because he won't ever let anything bad happen to you."

And you know what? The kid is right.

I wanted to share the OTHER half of my brain with you guys.

Okay how is altering a song a little and putting it into your journal "using the other side of your brain". I read it as creativity, but still.

~Blix

It isn't word for word according to the lyrics I posted. Maybe they're a bit off and yours are right.

~Blix

I wanted to share the OTHER half of my brain with you guys.
    I meant, that my mind is almost split down the middle on how to proceed in THIS situation (the one this whole thread is about). I had named some reasons for one side of my brain ("Date Him"), I wanted to show my advice-givers some of the OTHER side ("Don't Date Him") for the first time by posting a not-so-flattering story about BF. The two halves of my brain were meant to illustrate indecisiveness, not any sort of creativity.

This thread is ONLY about me and BF. I am NOT using it to try to display any poetry, fictional stories, or charcoal-on-canvas drawings of my childhood home. I am not now, nor was I ever, interested in wasting the time of anyone reading this thread with unrelated "Creativity" of mine. That song was mentioned here ONLY because it conveyed how I was feeling about BF at that time.

Okay how is altering a song a little and putting it into your journal "using the other side of your brain". I read it as creativity, but still.

~Blix
    Dude, you've got to figure out the rest on your own. I've helped you all I can. And this is the last time I will say this--I put that song in my Journal WORD FOR WORD the way she sings it. I didn't change it, not ONE SINGLE SYLLABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by 221bBakerStreet
    Here's what I just wrote in my Journal--word for word. I edited out some names, but I wanted to share the OTHER half of my brain with you guys.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:24:01 AM

Dear Journal:

Like anyone would be, I am flattered by your fascination with me
    Like any hot-blooded woman, I have simply wanted an object to crave
    But you, you’re not allowed, you’re uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting to watch the stoic swerve
    Must be somewhat heart-telling to watch upon me, Shepherd
    But you, you’re not allowed
    You’re uninvited
    An unfortunate slight.

Like any uncharted territory, I must seem greatly intriguing
    You speak of my love like you have experienced love like mine before
    But this! - Is not allowed
    You’re uninvited
    An unfortunate slight.

I don’t think you unworthy -
    I need a moment to deliberate.
    [url]http://www.lyrics007.com/Alanis%20Morissette%20Lyrics/Uninvited%20Lyrics.html[/url]

Like anyone would be
    I am flattered by your fascination with me
    Like any hot blooded woman
    I have simply wanted an object to crave
    But you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
    To watch the stoic squirm
    Must be somewhat heartening
    To watch shepard meet shepard
    But you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
    I must seem greatly intriguing
    You speak of my love like
    You have experienced like mine before
    But this is not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
    I need a moment to deliberate

You did change a few. That's besides the point, though. Sense you weren't plagiarizing it's nit picking.

By the other half of your brain I thought you were referring to the more literal sense of the right side governing creativity and intelligence.

~Blix
    Last edited by Blix; 19-06-06 at 10:01 AM.

Oh wait, in that one line where I wrote:

Must be strangely exciting to watch the stoic swerve

There is a chance she may have said "squirm" instead of "swerve", but I listened as best I could (the song was actually playing while I typed it!) and couldn't tell for sure. But in this case, both words convey pretty much the same idea, so it doesn't really matter.

I didn't click the link you posted, so I don't know what is written there on that line, or any other. Other than that one word I'm still undecided on, the song is written word for word as it was sung. NOTHING was changed by me.

Read my post again, I revised it.

~Blix

[

You did change a few. That's besides the point, though. Sense you weren't plagiarizing it's nit picking.

By the other half of your brain I thought blah blah blah.

~Blix
    Basically, what you are saying is, you were wrong. You misread what I said very clearly, but rather than ASKING what I meant because you didn't understand, you assumed you knew. Then you wanted to be the first one to tell me off about it because you thought you knew something I didn't and wanted to "catch me" with my pants down. You posted something with ha ha ha in it, and calling me a name, when what you SHOULD have posted was a QUESTION.

You were wrong. You thought you knew, but you didn't. Next time ask questions first and ha ha ha later, Jackass.

Oh, and THAT--was 100% completely written by ME.

Congratulations. I suppose you'd want a cookie now, don't you. I was wrong. Though you didn't say it very clearly, as Vashti noticed it, too.

You saying word for word from my journal DID imply that you wrote it. You did not credit Alanis therefore it does appear to be plagerism.

The other side of my brain may be clear to you but not to everyone else. I had no doubt that you were talking about creativity, though I was wrong.

If you had said that song by Alanis Moresette really illustrates my feelings/point/whatever then it would have made sense. You saying you wrote it in your journal seemed like you were getting out your feelings by your own creativity. Not like some Lloyd Dobler. Usually that's what journals are for, not rewriting songs.

~Blix
    Last edited by Blix; 19-06-06 at 10:23 AM.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, who knew that lyrics w/personal touches could cause such drama!

Kinda reminds me of when this one person sent me a private message telling me to stop using "...." and start using periods. It's so much fun to be criticized by someone who has no clue who you are and suddenly jumps to the conclusion you do that because you "must be slow or something."
    Last edited by Ellynn; 19-06-06 at 10:26 AM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Wow, who knew that lyrics w/personal touches could cause such drama!
    Lol, there weren't even any personal touches... that's particially why it makes little to no sense.

~Blix

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol, there weren't even any personal touches... that's particially why it makes little to no sense.

~Blix

So, big deal. She quoted a song and she forgot to credit the artist! So, sue her! Its a freakin forum, not a high school paper she's handing in and plagerizing! There are alot of songs out there that have meaning to me too by just listening to the lyrics. Honestly I could care less if she wrote them, Alanis Morrisette did, or Mick fvcking Jagger! The point is that they mean something to her. So, just back off and stop being so quick to assume things about people you don't even know!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Right, because that will ever happen in our world. People assume things immediately just by learning someone’s race/religion/age/sex etc.

If she had been plagiarizing I would have cared, though she wasn't. I was wrong. I've admitted that. Though I still will and do think it's stupid, it's her journal, though.

~Blix

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast