+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you or wouldn't you?

Would you or wouldn't you?

Just wondering - if you stumbled across a friend's sibling's "MySpace" and saw they were were looking into friendships/dating, would you try to communicate with them if they didn't know you personally? Why? Why not?

Here's a mini story: Last year I developed a crush on this guy, approached him, but I learned he wasn't into dating. We do maintain an "online only" friendship even if we live in the same city. All this time, I can see he is clearly not into dating or hanging out, so I respect that and will leave it at that.

I was then bored the other day and was surfing around for local guys in my city who are into dating. I am looking into dating, but something interesting happened - I came across one of his older brother's MySpace who is also interested in dating. I like some things in his profile where I would like to get to know him some more and ask him some questions.

The thing is that he is my friend's brother. I really don't want my friend to find out about this. I know his brothers' names and one or two facts about them but that's it. My friend doesn't know I found his brother's MySpace. In fact, I don't even think he knows his brother has a MySpace.

Sooooo.... what do I do? Should I just send his brother messages to communicate with him and see what happens from there? Then if something more happens, then how would I react once I see my friend? I think it would sound too tacky to say, "Oh, what a coincidence! So-and-so was your brother? Hey, friend!"

Would it feel "too weird"? I am more concerned about things developing more or even being friends and hanging out and then "running into" my friend at their family gatherings. I don't know what to say then....

What would you do in this situation?

Well i probble would give it a try after all said and done at least you know the person you have found and he is not going to be some kind of wiredo
    I apologise in advanced for my atrocious spelling. The advice or View I give probably wont be much good but it may help some one make a good suggestion!
    Cheers Steve

go 4 it

Its harmless fun i would go 4 it as long as like you say if they find out of course its total coincidence have fun be nice

King Zarathu Guest
    It's not like you had ****ed your friend, then tried to date his brother. See, that's just messed up. I say go for it, what do you have to lose? Worst-case scenario, your friend gets pissy and you lose an "online only" relationship.

Those damn MySpaces....