+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help advice needed

help advice needed

Hello,

I would like some advice from the loverly women out there, there is this girl that I really like, and I have a feeling that she likes me. I have felt like this for a long time ever since last year when I met her in my university hall canteen, I have never spoken to her, because I am too shy, however we have made eye contact and today I was even lucky to get a smile off her. The problem is that I am a finalist and she is a fresher, I am leaving next week and so this week is my final chance. My question is, how do I approch her? how do I get a conversation going and how do I keep the conversation going.

Also, when I talk to women my mind turns blank sometimes and can't think of what to say, some people have told me to ask her questions about her and stuff and thats good advice, but I also think that she is very shy aswell. How do I avoid these awckward silences??. My final question on this matter, is how do I give her my contact details? should I just hand her a note saying contact me with my phone number and email address? or what.

I would appreciate any advice

Best wishes

Owen x (shy)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her you are finishing up next week, and you are sorry you didn't take the opportunity to ask her out sooner. Then ask her if you could call her sometime.

Don't give her your number and tell her to contact you - take some initiative and call her instead. It is part of being a man.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I agree with Vashti.

Usually when a guy hands me his info I never get around to actually contacting him, because thats a guy's job.

If she smiled at you then you know you are in, so show confidence when you speak to her. Take the "I know you like me" attitude and let her get curious by asking her what SHE likes to do. Then towards the end of the conversation tell her about yourself and be proud of what you say. If you have a great career planned or a school asset that you are proud of, let her feel your passion. Be lively, funny (if you can), and smile at her. She's been waiting for this for a long time now, Owen, impress the girl.

Ask her if you can call her soon. Be suave. Or as suave as you can be.

She's probably frantically trying to get your attention, hoping you'll ask her out before you vanish forever. Do the poor girl a favor and ask her out, will you? It's the decent thing to do.

thanks for your advice, but its not as if i don't want to ask her out, I really do, its just I am very shy and low in confidence, what should I do.

How should I make conversation? and continue it??

Is there any way to engineer a "chance encounter" without it being too obvious? She's smiling at you, she makes eye contact. It wouldn't be too strange to sit next to her in a coffee shop, would it?

You don't have time to practice on girls you don't like as much (less pressure), so this is kind of an emergency. Bite the bullet! Talk to her. If it all goes to hell, you never have to see her again anyway.

Nothing to lose.

touche lol, ill give it a try!!

thanks ill let you know how it goes!!!!! nerves will kick in no doubt and ill screw up!!
    Last edited by northernmonkey; 13-06-06 at 06:56 AM.