+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My fellow guys, what do you look for in a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    I need to find more people like that. It seems that the only people in Texas are ****ing idiots.
    Hopefully not. Dallas was not good area for me girl-wise when I lived there either. What part are you in? I was near DFW, in a town called Colleyville.

It really pisses me off when I do find a girl with a quality body, mind, and soul... and then she dumps me for one of my friends.

It's happened... over five times.

So I suppose I could agree with your statement about people in Texas...

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

King Zarathu Guest
    I live in Dallas too. I hate the people here, so I resort to a long-distance relationship.

And the women? Pass.

Cute
    Same music taste (must like my favorite band a lot)
    funny
    smart
    looks after me and tells me what to do (sad yes but i like the baby roll :p)
    Pale skin
    pretty eyes
    slim
    Size B breasts.

I dont care if shes not super attractive,as long as she isnt actually ugly.she has to be affectionate and also intelligent,she has to be a good friend and also quite flirty,yet subtle.she also has to be the kind of person that isnt stuck up at all and can give u a look that makes ur insides turn to jelly;and knows shes doing it.that kind of person that is really special
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn you people are all so picky

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    Be honest, most of us are shallow to some degree so don't give the "ohh i'm not that shallow" excuse.
    To be honest, i've thought about this a great deal.. and I can't quite put my finger on the whole picture..

I think the phenomenon which we are seeing is the evolution of the male population. Just decades ago, men were very simple creatures, very easy to please, and very easy to attract. But as time goes on, men are looking for more things in women; and women are having a tough time dealing with their own (picky) poison.

1. Confidence. I have to say this is the primary factor in my attraction to a person. It comes out in many different ways (clothes, posture, tone of voice, charisma, ability to engage in conversation, degree of physical contact, etc.) When a woman is confident (truly confident), it's very sexy.

2. Looks. If you have the looks, but no confidence; (goodbye). If you have the confidence, but no looks, then there isn't a (hello) to begin with. Looks are very important obviously. It's natures way of telling you (this one looks like she has good genes to pass along to Jr.) or (stay away from this one, I have no idea how her parents were able to procreate, maybe she was a mutation). Now, nobody has to be SUPER hot, or nearly perfect. But, ugly is not going to happen. There has to be some degree of attractiveness in a person. Some easy tips for women to work with; (1. stop eating and start working out; 2. start dressing like a woman, not like a nun but not like a whore either, both extreames are equally as bad)

3. Smarts. Now, i've met some very good-looking confident women; and maybe when I was younger, that would have been fine. But I think for men over the age of i'd say 18-20, you should start looking for a more refined girl. No, she doesn't have to be going for her Ph.D or majoring in (Biochemistry, Computer Science, Math, Physics, etc.); but please, (Communications & Media Studies?) what are you going to do with that? Think about it. If you're looking for someone, there's going to be more to the relationship than sex. If there isn't, then it's not going to work. So, make sure there's something interesting she can offer. I'm very attracted to art types (Art, Art History, Music, English). I also like a woman who has some understanding about the world (Economics, History, Philosophy).

4. The other "Smarts". Great, some women have a 4.0 GPA, but can't understand people to save thier life. It's great if your model girlfriend is a walking library, but is she human? Call it personality, call it whatever you want, but there are human elements which a woman must have to her. Happy, conent, gentile, caring, funny, nice, compassionate, understanding, witty, etc.

5. Similarity. Now, if you have SO much in common with the other person that your conversation sounds like (omg, your last name is Smith? mine too! my mom left my dad when i was 7 and I never saw my dad and my older brother again. Really? that's funny, because my mom left when I was 12 and I never saw her or my sister again; wow we have so much in common!).. RUN... anyway, sure, you can't be clones, but you can't be total opposites either. If you don't like movies, and she doesn't like plays/opera, than what will you do? You need to have some things in common, not everything, but some things. Like music, maybe she can play the violin, and you can play the piano, and together, you can write music on your free time. Sounds gay? Ok fine, what about cooking? gardening? hiking? camping? snowboarding? tv? there's got to be something!!!

I think that's pretty much it.. that are the major items.. I mean.. if all those 5 items are there in the first 30mins of conversation.. (an interesting/attractive) person can quickly turn into a number on my phone i can't wait to call the next day.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

During the last year I've gathered that, yes, looks are important (not the be all end all, but still significant) in whether people strike up a relationship or even start talking.

The person doesn't have to be stunning, but they shouldn't be ugly. It's the way we were biologically programmed, so current research says.

Yet why is it that I see so many downright ugly people in relationships, with people who may not be so ugly themselves? I've seen morbidly obese people, people who don't even care about hygiene, let alone appearance ... in relationships, even marriage, even with kids?

In highschool I was horrified when this obese, very ugly girl - who was a bitch to boot (she was mean to people, stole, lied, always angry) lost her virginity before me (she got pregnant so she wasn't lying this time). I mean, it's stupid now, but that's just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post

In highschool I was horrified when this obese, very ugly girl - who was a bitch to boot (she was mean to people, stole, lied, always angry) lost her virginity before me (she got pregnant so she wasn't lying this time). I mean, it's stupid now, but that's just an example.

she probably drugged the guy..... or threatened to beat him up
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

or maybe her and whoever the guy was deserved each other. or maybe the guy was just desperate to rid himself of his virginity.

anyway, the fact that she lost her virginity before you isn't a bad thing. it's not like it's a race. .. right? 'cos if it is, I didn't really do so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    or

anyway, the fact that she lost her virginity before you isn't a bad thing. it's not like it's a race. .. right? 'cos if it is, I didn't really do so well.

oh bugger in that case I think I already lost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123