+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A question for you guys?

A question for you guys?

I want to give my boyfriend a present, so i came up with the idea of making him a CD with all the songs that remind me of him and songs we have listend together.

Guys, how would you feel if your girlfriend or wife did this for you?

King Zarathu Guest
    I'm mixed... You see, that's cute an all....let me tell you my story.

My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year (I think that was it) and I simply told her I wanted a specific Slipknot CD. Being the kind (bitch) and generous (slut) person she was (whore), she decided that $15 wasn't too much for her to spend. Her step-dad (asshole), on the other hand, got pissy and insisted that she save money and burn a copy of the CD with iTunes. That didn't go over well. Being the cocky and arrogant (justified) person I am, I said it was extremely rude and that she could buy the original or I wouldn't accept it.

When I think of somebody offering another person a burned CD, I want to cringe.

P.S. - I ended up getting the original. The step-dad can choke.

first of all Zarathu's post made me laugh

On topic, there're two points of view for you gift: the economical and the romantic/private.

From the economical point of view, means that you can't or don't want to afford spending money.

On the other side, from the romantic/private point of view, means that you care about your relationship, you're aware of what's happening between you both, and you know the music that marks your relationship.

A customised cd music, is something personal, it's something that he'll remind, you put some effort on it, after all it's music you selected, and you thought it means something for you both.

Now, you have to ask to yourself, is that if your boyfriend is a romantic kind of guy or if he cares much more to the material side of the relationship.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestrattos
    or if he cares much more to the material side of the relationship.
    That isn't to say that being a materialistic person is a bad thing--it's just different. I'm not materialistic, I'm more of a romantic person. However, the step-dad (from my previous post) was just being a downright asshole.

The last compilation CD I made took me weeks, and I bought two new CDs to get specific songs for it. I think a well-thought-out compilation CD is a very personal and intimate gift, and I wish I got more of them.

However, insisting that your step-daughter give her boyfriend a downloaded CD to save fifteen bucks is just crap. Sorry he was such a jerk to you, Z.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    However, insisting that your step-daughter give her boyfriend a downloaded CD to save fifteen bucks is just crap. Sorry he was such a jerk to you, Z.
    Thanks, but it's quite alright... I ended up giving him what he deserved. A loooooong conversation filled with delightful insults.

Best part, it was online and with his daughter. He ended up getting it all about 2 hours after I had said it. The girl and I were broken up then, so I cared about absolutely NOTHING. The best part: I did the entire thing without swearing. I'm so adorable...

Tone Guest
    Wow such a big man to 'insult' your ex's father on the internet.

You sure told him.

King Zarathu Guest
    Hey now.. none of that. I'm still 15, give me a break. Dick.

I think a compilation CD is a great gift if it's just a romantic thing, out of the blue. But like in Zarathu's case, yeah, for a birthday or christmas, that was pretty crappy. But I wouldn't have refused it, since she explained that it was because of pressure from her father, I jusut would have made fun of the cheap bastard until the end of time.

But as to whether a guy would appreciate it, which I assume is the question? Depends on the guy, really. Me, personally, I would love it, especially since I'm a big fan of music to begin with, and lvoe seeing people use popular songs to express themselves. That's what it's all about, really. But your average football playing, monkey-wrenching, knuckledragger might not appreciate it as much.... maybe. All guys have their sensitive side, whether they admit to it or not, so chances are he'll like it, even if he doesn't really show it.

Unless he's completely out of touch with his feelings, then he doesn't really need to be in a relationship, anyway.
    I wish that I could turn back time, 'cause now the guilt is all mine,
    Can't live without the trust from those you love...

Thanks alot for your answers guys. The CD i'm creating is just a general surprise not for any occasion.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is a very sweet idea.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?