+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost interest?

Lost interest?

In a slight predicament...
    Been with my boyfriend for nearly 6 weeks and has been great for the first month or so.. but in the last couple of weeks he seems to have lost interest? we don't see each other as much and whenever we talk about it nothing is resolved.. He always seems to have an excuse for us not seeing each other which usually makes me feel guilty for getting upset at him..
    What's worse... is lately I have been talking to another guy who appears to have all the qualities that I want in a guy. He calls me every day (my boyfriend doesn't), he's kind, caring, funny.. all in all seems.. nicer than my boyfriend..

Also, (although this didn't bother me then) I heard a lot about my boyfriend's reputation not being great.. It was rumoured that he would be nice to a girlfriend's face for the first few weeks but then turn.. and his past relationship aren't brilliant. I know I should look to the future instead of dwellign in the past.. but how else can you judge a person's behaviour than from their past?

Not so long ago I did receive a text from my boyfriend that seemed like a "dirty" reply to another girl... but he assured me it was not meant to be to another person but that he had done it in his sleep and it was meant for me as a reply to his dream..(after only getting off the phone from his 20 minutes earlier..)

so now I wonder is this just a bad patch for my boyfriend? Therefore should I give him the benefit of the doubt? Or wil I miss a possible good oportunity with the new guy? Is the new guy just excited by the idea that he can't have me and is therefore being nice to try and win me over?.. Seeing as I haven't known him long, breaking up with my boyfriend for him may not be a brilliant idea?

Men please try and put yourselves in these positiions if possible? And thank you for reading this essay, sorry it's been long.

Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell

Not so long ago I did receive a text from my boyfriend that seemed like a "dirty" reply to another girl... but he assured me it was not meant to be to another person but that he had done it in his sleep and it was meant for me as a reply to his dream..(after only getting off the phone from his 20 minutes earlier..)

What a crock of shit.

In I know I should look to the future instead of dwellign in the past..

Yeah, look to your own future. If you didn't have this new guy around, would you be as unhappy with your bf? He sounds like a turd to me.

Do you think? You think the text excuse is a fake as well? Cause you're not alone there..
    Well I guess without the new guy I would just be upset... I'd probably make more of an effort to see my boyfriend but theat doesn't mean I haven't been now.. I have tried to see him but we can never be around at the same time any more. He used to make me feel special; saying that he was "under the thumb" and seemed to make more of a special effort to see me. I don't know whether he now genuinely has more things going on (exams-even though mine have finished) or whether he has a very good game plan...
    It worries me that I see him in this way though :S

Do you think? You think the text excuse is a fake as well? Cause you're not alone there..
    Well I guess without the new guy I would just be upset... I'd probably make more of an effort to see my boyfriend but theat doesn't mean I haven't been now.. I have tried to see him but we can never be around at the same time any more. He used to make me feel special; saying that he was "under the thumb" and seemed to make more of a special effort to see me. I don't know whether he now genuinely has more things going on (exams-even though mine have finished) or whether he has a very good game plan...
    It worries me that I see him in this way though :S
    I would be suspicious of the nature of the things he's got going on as well. I think he's messing around, and I think you might think it too. How could you find out?

I'm not sure.. I'm not one of those girls who checks phones... I did that when he text me the weird text and I just felt bad to not feel I could trust him. besides he had no other texts (either deleted, or honest) except for one that he did tell em about only it turned out to be alie.
    Although I haven't confronted him about this he said he had another weird dream that night in which he thought he was stcuck on a mountain in Austria but the only person's phone number he knew was this girl in a nearby village. He told me he text her saying "help I'm stuck" but i checked it and it was more along the lines of.. "hey not spoken to you in a while, how are you?"
    The thing is, this is all hypocritical of me to complain about seeing as I am talkign to another guy and thinking that I like him..

THe things he says he's doing is.. goign to the gym/seeing his friend about an upcomign event that he's organising and spending time with a boy/man who sis staying with him (this is recent so i do not know details as we haventn't spolken in a while)

feel i could not trust him

Go with your instincts. You have them for a reason.

What would you do?
    I know it's my decision and all that..but I'm so indecisive and at this point very confused. Never been in this position.
    Weighing out the boyfriend against the new guy only gives me more reasons agaisnt them both
    boyfriend - not trusted, but should give him the beneift of the doubt
    new guy - met recently (admittedly of myspace), but appears to be a lovely guy

thanks for all the help though, really appreciated

nebulachic Guest
    How old are you both?

I'm 16, he's 17

nebulachic Guest
    Lose the first guy. Sounds like a slippery slope to avoid.

the boyfriend? ok yeah.. on what grounds?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your bf is treating you like crap! You don't trust him. He avoids you etc.

Why do you even bother?

Hold out for someone who treats you with respect and has the decency to want to be around you.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

yeah.. it does seem suspicious.. He talked to me eralier and said he wants to see me but again there seem to be a lot of excuses..
    Thin ice...

It's a woman's perogative to change her mind. You don't need grounds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast