+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What form of birth control do you use?

What form of birth control do you use?

Pill? Patch? Condom? Pull out? Any combinations? Come on, spill the beans. Who's had whoopsie's and is now a proud parent, whether due to misuse or "eh we'll be fine without anything this time."

Myself, I use spermicidal condoms + pull out, turn to the side, and finish in the condom by hand. Just the way I've always done things as an extra precaution.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've relied on the pill alone and a condom alone and once the pullout method along with the pill. But, I hated worrying so much, so I decided to double up and use condoms and the pill. (Never had any problems pregnancy wise) I'm glad I did double up because a few times the condom did break.

I have had friends who have had whoopsie's. My friend got preg the first time using a condom. It broke and well, she had a kid. Then she got preg the second time (5 yrs later) accidentally because she missed taking the pill one day, and then doubled up the second day. Obviously, they weren't using anything else.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I'm on the pill and my bf uses condoms. It was only this morning we had sex without a condom (None left) so we're hoping the pill will take effect.

Does anyone know the chances of becoming pregnant while on the pill?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa20
    I'm on the pill and my bf uses condoms. It was only this morning we had sex without a condom (None left) so we're hoping the pill will take effect.

Does anyone know the chances of becoming pregnant while on the pill?
    I'm almost positive that the pill is more effective than the condom. So if anything, of the 2 means of protection you use, you dropped the one that was more likely to fail and kept the one that was most likely to succeed.

Have you been on it regularly, taking it at the same time? If so, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue toxin
    I'm almost positive that the pill is more effective than the condom. So if anything, of the 2 means of protection you use, you dropped the one that was more likely to fail and kept the one that was most likely to succeed.

Have you been on it regularly, taking it at the same time? If so, don't worry.
    Does it matter if sometimes i take it an hour later then usual? because i've done that twice already

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa20
    Does it matter if sometimes i take it an hour later then usual? because i've done that twice already

Even though they recommend it to be taken at the same time every day because of how quickly the effects of it wear off, I have taken it an hr later a few times and I was fine. Just make sure you don't skip a day or half a day in there. If you do, then double up on protection and double up on your pill.

Better safe then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by swuftygirl
    I don't use any. I can't get pregnant. It's ok cuz I don't truly want kids. At least not at this time. I love them, just not ready.
    Someone told me that one time. Do you know what happened? She got pregnant.

yikes, this pill-taking sounds like a bother.. :/ might kill your drive AND it wont even work if you don't do it exactly right? I'm bad enough with taking pills as it is.. and what if you travel and you mix up the time zones. Or what if I travel to my bf's time zone and it means I have to get up at like 5 AM to take it or something. Well.. fudge! that sucks. I'm not even on the damn pills and already I'm worried. are there any other, more idiot-proof, forms of protection that can be used along with condoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    yikes, this pill-taking sounds like a bother.. :/ might kill your drive AND it wont even work if you don't do it exactly right? I'm bad enough with taking pills as it is.. and what if you travel and you mix up the time zones. Or what if I travel to my bf's time zone and it means I have to get up at like 5 AM to take it or something. Well.. fudge! that sucks. I'm not even on the damn pills and already I'm worried. are there any other, more idiot-proof, forms of protection that can be used along with condoms?
    Why don't you look into nuvaring? Nuvaring is a little ring, which to me reminds me of the way a rolled up condom looks (except nothing in the center of the circle). It's inserted up in the vagina and kept there for 21 days, then removed just before your period starts. From what I understand, the nuvaring has the same chemicals in it that are in the pill.

Check into that. Although I'd be tempted to ask a doctor what their personal opinion is instead of pursuing it entirely off of what you read online.

I wonder what in the female body is "abnormal" to result in the inability to have children? Did the doctor explain to you what it was?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by swuftygirl
    Blue-I was married for 7 years. We never used protection. The guy I'm seeing now...he and I never used protection and we were....active. Plus a doctor as much as told me I couldn't.
    It could have been HIM (your ex) that was sterile, and not you. What do you mean "the doctor as much as told you"? Either you have gone through fertility testing or you haven't.
    Last edited by vashti; 26-06-06 at 11:57 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I just spoke to a lady who's said during her 8 years of marriage, they've only used condoms. The only pregnancy she had was the planned one. Goes to show what some homework and common sense can do.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just spoke to a lady who's said during her 8 years of marriage, they've only used condoms. The only pregnancy she had was the planned one. Goes to show what some homework and common sense can do.
    Works for some, but not for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Works for some, but not for all!
    Can I ask what you meant by this comment?

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can I ask what you meant by this comment?
    It was in response to that lady you were talking about. It was mainly pointing out that while some people are lucky NEVER to have a condom rip and have no accidents without planning first, others DO have accidents where the condom DOES rip and they end up getting pregnant accidentally.

I had an ex who was well equipped. The reg condoms felt like they were cutting off his circulation, So he wore trojan magnums. They worked great. Yes, we put them on properly. We made sure they were on secure and there were no air bubbles etc. But, there were a few times where I was dry in the beginning until things got going. Then while having sex, and even a few times after, we discovered the condom was broken! Its not like we were going at it all rough, just the norm you know? One time I actually had the tip of it break off inside of me. It came out the next day, but boy was that scary! If I hadn't been on the pill I would have been screwed!

So, like I said it alone works for some and not for others. I personally don't want to find out how well it works alone. So therefore, I opt for a backup method as well.

I'm not trying to tell you what you should and should not use. Just informing you that it is wise because the occasional accident does happen. Plus, when things get going, you know how easy that can happen. So, its good to be safe and be prepared just in case.

I do want to try that ring thing you insert insde though. Seems like alot less fuss then taking a pill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast