+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Accidental touch or flirt?

Accidental touch or flirt?

Hi guys!
    This is my first post and was was wondering about something thathappened to me last night. I was at a party the other night and went into the kitchen to help bring out trays of food. The guy I sort of have a bit of a crush on was standing behind the counter handing out the trays. Anyways, as soon as Icame in to help, he came over to me with the next tray ignoring the other 2 girls that had been waiting before me and as I took the tray, I fel his hand cover mine from beneath and kept it there for about 3 seconds until we separated. Question, was that a flirt? Was he trying to stablize the tray? Guys, is this how you flirtwith a girl you like? Ifso, what are other accidental touch flirty things that guys do to show they like you?Thank you!!!

i think he was trying to flirt. guys also try to touch your knee or put there hand on your arm. its like flirting without it really being flirting if you know what i mean.

hmm, nope i don't flirt this way. However, this is rather a tricky question, but i will give 70% that he is trying to flirt with you and another 30% it is just a accident.

touch him back see what happens
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It sounds like flirting, but keep in mind that flirting does not necessarily imply any intent.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    It sounds like flirting, but keep in mind that flirting does not necessarily imply any intent.
    I agree totally with this.

Why dont you flirt to him and see what happens.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ever notice that when its someone we like, we analyze the heck out of every subtle gesture or touch? But, if its someone we aren't into, we don't think twice about it?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

asd

sometimes girls read too much into things.
    I hope God hears our prayers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Ever notice that when its someone we like, we analyze the heck out of every subtle gesture or touch? But, if its someone we aren't into, we don't think twice about it?
    lol.. i couldn't agree more Ell..

Yup, we can all tell you have a crush on this guy, just from the detail you can recall..

I hate to burst your bubble, but.. i can safely say that depending on your age, 70% of the time, a guy is dumb as a brick..

What do I mean by this you might ask...?

Well.. If he liked you, the only logical thing to do, is to go up to you so that you can notice him..

That is what he is doing here, in his own indirect way... (HINT: INDIRECT)

He saw the other two girls behind you, came up to you to help you with the tray, thinking that you are all friends.. and that way.. he showed one of the other two girls that he was probably interested in, how nice of a guy he is...

I know.. STUPID!!! What an IDIOT..

Also.. the 3 second touch may have been due to the fact that he needed to make sure you were no longer holding whatever it was that you had your hands on.. and that now, "he" had safely assumed control over the item.. 3 seconds seems to me like a fair amount of time to do just that.. NOT TO FLIRT...

If he did try to get noticed, and not just help someone out with all the food.... then it wasn't to get noticed by YOU... no offence...

You must understand, that men.. are inferior to women when it comes to aquisition of the opposite sex.. This sums up the majority of men.. I like to call them "boys"... as i'm sure you will agree...

Don't think too much of it.. however, since you have a crush on him, I doubt you'll let your friends know that he may like them... Instead you might want to tell your friends that this may have been a flirt.. This is all stuff your brain has already processed during the 3 second touch..

What you remember and recall, and what you are telling us in your post... is all information that has undergone changes through your brain's (ARP) "Active Re-Write Process".

Google it, things will make more sence... but no biggie.. there are plenty of ways to get this guy if your still interested.. he's a typical guy.. I think with all the women help you can get over here on LF, you should be able to tear this guy into pieces in no-time..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    I hate to burst your bubble, but.. i can safely say that depending on your age, 70% of the time, a guy is dumb as a brick..

- - - -

You must understand, that men.. are inferior to women when it comes to aquisition of the opposite sex.. This sums up the majority of men.. I like to call them "boys"... as i'm sure you will agree...
    I do believe GS here has hit the nail on the head. Men ("boys") are dumb as bricks but much less useful, when it comes to pre-relationship flirting. I mean, sorry guys, but that's a fact that very few of us can deny for ourselves.

Women ("girls"), I have heard, spend time actually planning a flirtatious move, analyzing its possible effects, predicting reaction and male rationalization of said flirt... etc. But men ("boys") do not do this. At all. If we're flirting, it's because we were right there in the moment and decided to have fun. Because flirting is a major male entertainment activity, and few of us (who are single, of course) can pass up the opportunity to flirt, whether we're actually interested or not. Sorry, but that's the truth.

I'm not saying the guy's not interested. He very well could be. But you should not rely on one instance of flirting to decide for yourself. Flirting is not exclusive.

You see, males ("men""boys") realize that we are inferior to females when it comes to "aquisition of the opposite sex", and as such we flirt with almost (almost) every girl in sight (more or less in moderation, depending on the individual), hoping that we can get one of you guys ("women""girls") interested in us.

My opinion? Based entirely on what is written in your post (effects of ARP on recollection aside), he's most likely interested.

Good luck with it all.

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

I'm just afraid he does that to all the beautiful ladies he'd been handing out those trays.

If he accidentally touched you then he'd held you for few seconds because he likes it, maybe your attractive to him. If it was intent (I'm not sure if this is flirting), then he really likes you.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender
    Guys, is this how you flirtwith a girl you like? Ifso, what are other accidental touch flirty things that guys do to show they like you?Thank you!!!
    Yes.

I always go up to girls with food trays and place my hand upon theirs to "stabilize" 'em.

It's my favorite trick in the book.