+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice guys finish last

Nice guys finish last

Is this true? i have heard this many many times. But i also read that it isnt nice guys that finish last, I have heard it's the killer trio of passivity, boredom, and lack of self-
    confidence that will effectively end all romance. Which people assosiate with nice guys. But as long as your confident in yourself, got a good sense of humor, and still a nice guy, then things will work out.

Opinions ???? preferbly from women as iam eager to see as women dont think the same as men (not being sexist but apparently its true)

I dont think thats true at all, although bad boys have a lot of appeal for women I doubt its true all the time, most women i know have been there tried that 'bad boy' (cant think of another way to put it) and then want the total opposite, personally all i go for is a nice personality everything else aside, nice guys last longer all women want is to be treated well at the end of the day so nice guys fit the bill.
    Last edited by Iso8; 27-06-06 at 04:02 AM.

"Nice guys finish last" is a crappy cliche that you'll find on the cover of "Girlfirend" or "Cleo". Why? Because teenagers want the fun, exciting, sometimes illegal, thrill of having a "badboy" boyfriend. Teenagers dont usually want the nice-guy's marriage and white picket fence.

"Nice guys finish last" is also a tag line of all those desperate lonely losers out there who have no life, nor confidence, are boring, and are less manly than Boy George. These guys "think" they are nice and therefore came to the conclusion that "Nice guys finish last".

Nice guys DONT finish last... They actually get the girls in the end.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Agreed. Bad boys, egomaniacs and narcissists are all turn offs for me. I'll take a nice guy anyday.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I don't think so. A lot of women date the "bad boy" types because it seems thrilling and rebellious, but ultimately, a woman wants to end up with a guy who treats her right.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    Teenagers dont usually want the nice-guy's marriage and white picket fence.

How old would you class teenagers ? as normal (13-18) or 13-30? 13-20?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Females are not attracted to "bad boys" because they are bad, but rather because they set firm boundaries for how they will be treated and because they project a lot of self confidence.

Teenage boys wrongly assume that it is the "bad" part that girls like. Teenage girls wrongly assume that "nice guys" lack these qualities (well, sometimes they do). However, when kids grow up, they tend to understand this dynamic a little better.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-06-06 at 11:21 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Its true, I went through a phase when I was more interested in bad boys.

So much so, that by the time teh nice guy came along, I didn't trust it for what it was, and I had learned so many bad habits / behaviors from spending time with jerks, that I had to learn to behave better as a girlfriend to the nice, honest guy.

Teenagers are people whose ages end in "teen". 13 - 19.

Yes, there are some simple broads out there who want tattooed white trash until they're toothless and grey.

The rest of us want someone a little more evolved.

A girl I used to go out with actually said that guys who are too 'nice' turn her off. She's 21 years old, and said she feels 'above' a guys if he is too nice. Go figure.

I think girls like guys who are generally 'good' but have a nasty side to them as well. For some reason I think that girls like to, what, the act of keeping guys in check?

Nice guys finish last not because they are nice,but because they are mainly cowards.They lack courage,charisma,they are always passive.And off course they don't get any girls,because man are supposed to take a lead,something nice guy just can't do.So phrase should be "cowards finish last"

thats rubbish, nice guys are not necessarily cowards.
    were just not aggressive.
    if anything, im a nice guy whos far from being a coward, im a risk taker.

im currently going through an emotional experience of trying to woo a girl i REALLY like but weve only met twice and we dont get much opportunity to talk and chat and i think ive stunned her because shes not used to being with a "nice and sweet" guy. alarm bells always ring when a girl says this, it screams friendship.

i think its the same for girls too. i would take a nice and caring girl anyday over some student hoe, its annoying me as a 22 year old that I feel im too mature to go out clubbin anymore because theres no thrill in the ride anymore. anyone can get off with everyone, its BORING.

there are plenty nice girls looking for a nice guy ... shame i cant find any of them!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    one thing that i have noticed is that some women just fall into a trap. they fall with who they think is a really nice guy because they are lonely and they just long to be with someone, anyone. later in the relationship, they realized that he is an asshole, but because they are so used to the verbal abuse, they are too scared to be alone. that's my another view on it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you one of those "nice" guys that does nothing but sit in his basement playing World of WarCraft?

lol im not nessicarily a nice guy, but im not a jerk either. and world of warcraft rules! and i find meeting and dating women perfectly fine although i get very nervous. its been like this since i can remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast