+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to tell?

how to tell?

Hello,

I have been friends (through family) for years. Lately we have begun e-mailing each other, talking on msn, etc. as friends. I spent the last weekend with him at his house and realized that I love this man. I learned so much more about him this weekend and it only strengthened my feelings for him. We talked about everything: futures, families, values, etc. How can I tell if he likes me as more than a friend? I mean, we've known each other so long that things I would take as a sign from others is normal for us. Also, he doesn't think girls should be asking guys out so to me, that means, girls shouldn't be coming on to guys either because that's no different than asking them out, other than actual words. If you need more info/clarification, I am perfectly willing to answer questions...just looking for advice. If given the opportunity and a relationship happened and worked, I would love to marry this guy (from what I know so far). Please help me out. Greatly appreciated.

Talk to him, and tell him you see him as more than a friend.

Dont believe that only guys can ask a girl out... It works both ways.

"so to me, that means, girls shouldn't be coming on to guys"
    Why? How is a guy meant to know YOU are interested if you dont flirt?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

even though he told me that he thinks guys should be the ones asking, not girls? I should still tell him?

Oh yeah. You can ask questions without asking him out. Or, as has been suggested, just tell him how you feel. Who knows, maybe he has feelings for you... but has been hesitant to say anything himself. This may be just what he needs.
    Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by inlove
    even though he told me that he thinks guys should be the ones asking, not girls? I should still tell him?
    And what's your option? Do nothing and post on here all day long?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Usualy if he finds you attractive and you tell him/show him your interested in something more then just freinds, he might be confused at 1st but then after a few days he will think he is in love (if you were to kiss him that would probably be enough). A lot of guys have this thing where they like girls just because they think the girls like them, that should be enough to get to know him more, and beyond that its in you hands. The only time that would freak a guy out is if you were generaly unatractive *trying to be nice here while telling it like it is* .
    Last edited by blacksun; 28-06-06 at 10:46 AM.

Suggest to him that you are interested in being more than a friend, you would have to take action instead of waiting...We are living in a 21th century, girl taking the first action is no longer a uncommon thing...

There is nothing wrong if a girl makes the first move . U should tell him that u feel more than friends . But first give it some more time . A couple of weeks . Be as friendly as u can . I can remember my case Then tell him . It will be the right time

Ask your mom what to do. She knows him and knows the family.

what kinda guy thinks only guys should ask girls out and not the other way around? I dun like the sound of that! Also, it's impossible not to flirt. Everybody does it on some level.

anyways, I agree, you should tell him how you feel, unless of course the risk of messing with your friendship isn't worth it to you.