+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help to get a number

Help to get a number

Well as you might have guessed i need to get a guys number i have known for a long time. I hardly ever speak to him, but he's such a nice guy, i would like to talk to him more. It's nearly the end of the college year, i only have a few days to try to get his number or i'll give my number. Well anyway, would this scare a guy if i was to randomly send a card telling him that we should talk and give him my number? Bare in mind that he does not know, that i know what course he is doing.

Would this scare you? If a girl you hardly speak to have her number to you, in a card.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you being so indirect? You should just go up to him and tell him that if he doesn't have a girlfriend, you would love for him to call you over the summer, and then give him your number.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I wish it were so simple as that, i hardly ever see him. So thats why i need to send him a note/card. I would love to talk to him over the summer that would be great. So any more advice becuase i am going into college tomorrow and i think i might send it to him.

Help please i really need to go soon.

hmm..

I like ur name, It says it all.

Well, first off.. cards are scarry. If I was a guy, and a girl gave me a card, i'd never call her ever!!!

So.. don't send the card..

Second, if he doesn't have a girlfriend by the end of college.. then i'm sure he's be more than happy to entertain a request of company.

Lastly, relationships don't start with a card, or a "call me".

You have to go up to him, ask him some questions casually like:

"Hey, you look so familiar, have I seen you in (Class)"
    "You look down, what's wrong? Spending the Summer alone?"

Something along those lines. No offence, but the London is a pretty boring place, and I always give out the same advice to whoever is thinking of going... "Don't Go"

And I only say that if you're going as a guy. Because even if women are single or not.. they are in no mood to talk to a guy. It's like they don't want to date.

So.. i'm sure since you're both there, you both know this. And he'd be more than flattered to get your number or give you his so that the two of you can meet up sometime..

HELPFUL HINT: if he brings people along with him the first time, you have the upper hand, and getting together depends up to you, because chances are he'll be too shy to ask you.. If you end up going with him alone, then wait for him to make the first move, it's his call, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't play your game either.. just wait for his final move..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Hey GRKScorp,

Your advice is very helpful, but it's the only way i can make an attept to talk to him, i mean there's a 1% chance that i will see him on my last day (tomorrow friday 30th like i said before i hardly see him now) Its my only way and last chance to talk to him. It's my last resort, to see if i can just talk to him. By the way i have known him from school, so it's not starting a new relationship at all, it's just bringing that old relationship back to life.

It's not like i have not tried talking to him all year, i have tried but i am extermely shy. It has taken alot out of me to attempt such a risk, i am not a risk taker i thought it would be a nice last chance.

Thank you anyway. But it still does not answer my question.

It does answer your question- yes, it would scare a guy.

SCARY.

They don't like to be scared. It scares them. They find it scary.

Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlInLove
    Well as you might have guessed i need to get a guys number i have known for a long time. I hardly ever speak to him, but he's such a nice guy, i would like to talk to him more. It's nearly the end of the college year, i only have a few days to try to get his number or i'll give my number. Well anyway, would this scare a guy if i was to randomly send a card telling him that we should talk and give him my number? Bare in mind that he does not know, that i know what course he is doing.

Would this scare you? If a girl you hardly speak to have her number to you, in a card.
    Sending him a card asking for a number is a bad ideal it also puts the resposibility in his hand to call.

You could just simply ask him "if you would like to have coffee sometimes" or if you know him already just ask him to sign your year book & to keep in touch.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Henry123; 30-06-06 at 11:34 AM.

just say hey we should hang out more often or something and give him your number and say call me

Thanks anyway, but i don't need help on this now. I should have never had posted this, all these negtive comments are not nice.
    Last edited by GirlInLove; 02-07-06 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    It does answer your question- yes, it would scare a guy.

SCARY.

They don't like to be scared. It scares them. They find it scary.

Don't do it.
    "Don't do it?" Thats discouraging. Why not i have already done it Oh well

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlInLove
    Thanks anyway, but i don't need help on this now. I should have never had posted this, all these negtive comments are not nice.
    What negative comments? All I see are people who tried to give you their opinions. Maybe next time you should just tell us how you want us to respond.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I dont think she was happy with the advice she got

find out something he's interested in and then say blah blah blah ...ill give you a call sometime if you want more info.
    I hope God hears our prayers...