+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question for (very) single people

Question for (very) single people

Does this often happen to you?

When you're either single or have just broken up with a S/O and you go out, doesn't matter where, could be a mall, a club, a concert, a coffee shop or even just walking down the street do you feel like you're the only one who is single?

Everybody else seems to have someone on their arm, a partner, laughing, smiling, enjoying life. Seems like everybody on the planet has someone except you?

Just curious if I'm the only one that feels like that...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even married people experience feelings of isolation. It is a part of the human condition.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope. I feel like that all the time. Then again, I turn down offers to date so I guess I put myself in my lonely condition. It does kind of suck on holidays.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

just think when you are single its just you as lomg as you are ok with you its alright
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, I feel like that sometimes. But, I have become rather selective about who I date. I decided that being single and alone is better then dealing with another bad relationship right now.

I figure I have time yet, and if I meet someone worthwhile I do, and if not, then oh well.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I'm actually becoming aware of how many guys are on the make- it seems like everywhere I look, theres another single guy. Maybe it's just summer...

Even though probably more than half of my good friends are single, sometimes I still feel like what you described. I really only get that feeling hard during certain times like Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. But I have my friends with me, so I'm fine.. for the most part. It's when I'm by myself somewhere and I see all these couples where I start to get down about it, and it affects me. But like Ellynn said, I'm selective. And I probably put it on myself because I don't ask girls out often. But then again, it's because I'm very selective.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha it's not really that at all. when you're single and you just got out of a relationship, you are lonely. you go out to try to take your mind off of your ex, and when you see all these happy couples, it makes you sick. and why? because they stand out like a sore thumb. you want to be happy, but you're suffering because your heart is broken. it's not that everyone else is happily in a relationship, it's just that you're miserable with life in general.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    haha it's not really that at all. when you're single and you just got out of a relationship, you are lonely. you go out to try to take your mind off of your ex, and when you see all these happy couples, it makes you sick. and why? because they stand out like a sore thumb. you want to be happy, but you're suffering because your heart is broken. it's not that everyone else is happily in a relationship, it's just that you're miserable with life in general.

raverboy
    This is probably true.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Very good point Illusional. I mean yeah I could have had several relationships since my last, but the point is I'm still hurting. I'm to the point where I just don't want to deal. I have enough drama going on with my moms health and worrying about her so much etc. So life itself sometimes just sucks. I feel like something is missing or that Im missing out on good times.
    I'm just reminded of it when seeing other happy couples together. I miss a relationship, but not the people I was in a relationship with. Thats probably why I'm so selective. I'm sick of the neverending cycle of the same stuff repeating itself over and over. And deep down I'm afraid it will always end up like that.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I Know!!!

I know exactly what you feel....right after I broke up with my last bf I thought that I was the only person alive who didn't have a bf. Now that it has been a while I am starting to feel the same way again. Either everyone has a bf or they have someone that is interested in them and I just feel left out in the cold. It sucks but I think it will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I miss a relationship, but not the people I was in a relationship with. Thats probably why I'm so selective. I'm sick of the neverending cycle of the same stuff repeating itself over and over. And deep down I'm afraid it will always end up like that.
    That is exactly what I'm going through right now. Sorta. I have a wonderful lady that is the girl of my dreams (see my other posts) but I'm scared shitless that it will blow up in my face. I think she is too.

And when we're not together (it's a 'semi' L/D R/S) I try and go out not to meet someone else but to hear a band, have a drink or something and just makes me really sad seeing all these couples. Why can't life just be simple?

And I don't want to be the one that blows this out of fear. I can't make her pick up the tab for what other women have done to me. A netural third party would look at our relationship at this point and say 'Blackie, you've got it made, it's going great, abiet slowly.'

Yet, that fear factor still remains...

I dont know, i guess i get that sometimes when im having a down day and it really feels like i have nobody to share with. It makes me wounder if I should be less picky or more willing to go for girls who I dont really have any interest in, but I usualy conclude that that wouldent make me any happier then I am now.