+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused. Help?

I'm confused. Help?

I thought I had been in love before.. 22 and already divorced.. the x-wife didn't tell me she had herpes until three days after we were married, we had dated for some months before that.. well anyway I had a hard time trusting her after that and things went down the shitter.. that was a year ago. So I've met this girl and I'd like to call her my girlfriend, but she just seems to think of us as friends with benifits (none sexual as of yet). Well my problem is that since our first date over a week ago I have really been going crazy over this girl.. we have so much in common it's crazy. For instance the other night we were out shooting my new rifle, well we were coming back to my place and she mentioned she was in the mood for ice cream and asked if I had any. I told her I did and just as it so happens her favortive flavor is mine. I could just go on and on about things like that. Here is my problem, Friday night I got to spend time with her for the second time.. well we up late and I didn't end up getting her back to her home until like 3... the next day was so rough, no matter what I did I couldn't get my mind off her.. my heart sank and it's beats grew weak, I was buying some grocerys and found myself standing in line unconiously taking short/shallow quick breaths just to keep my heart pumping enough to keep me going.. I've have experienced this maybe one other time since then. We were also together again last night and today I felt so depressed because she was not near. I seem to have no control over these emotions, I've told her a few times that I can't help it and it is driving me nuts. What the heck is going on? I've never felt this way about anyone in my life, I've had serious relationships before but never like this. Can someone please clue me in?

wow, the first part is completely irrelevant to the rest of your post. Did you just feel like mentioning herpes?

Hahah, I'd figure people would be like.. well why did the first marriage fail? Just got rid of that part from the start.. anyway.. I don't know what the heck is going on with me, I've never had this happen to me, never felt so intense about someone.. what does it mean? what do I do?

i know exaclty how u feel cuz ive felt the same way and still do about my gf. this girl drove me crazy, all i could do was think about her and how great of a person she was. so i did what u did and spent time with her and talked to her, just letting her know that i was interested. then one day we went to a party and she looked absolutely stunning and i knew right there and then that she was the one for me. so i moved in and danced with her and when she was tired and walking away i grabbed her hand and she grabbed mine back. so the next day i went for it and now im happily in a relationship with her.

so i guess im trying to say that its normal for u to feel that way and if u think she is the one and u guys get along then u should give it a shot and let her know how u feel bc if u wait too long u might lose ur chance. u only live once, live, learn, and enjoy the moment.

She knows how I feel, what really confuses me is that she will ask some serious questions.. which I don't mind. Like what if I quit all of my jobs, would you take care of me? Could you see yourself marrying someone like me?

For her I would give up my job that I worked so hard to get, because at the end of day I know what is more important.. my happiness.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, from experience, there are alot of guys who appear to want to settle down and are serious, but they can't keep a freakin job! Or, they just don't want to work. Or they really just want to play the field. So, her asking you those questions explains that. She probably wants to see just how serious you are as well as responsible and reliable. Nothing wrong with that. She just wants to know that she would have that security. But, honestly and personally, I would never quit my job to be with a man and rely solely on him to support me! I wouldn't expect him to quit his job either, but would only suggest it if he was truly unhappy with it. Then i would have him stick it out until he was hired elsewhere!

But, since you rushed into your last marriage, I would take things slow. She obviously knows your divorced etc. I know your feeling intense feelings, but right now I wouldn't jump into anything or you may scare her away. Maybe she was in a past relationship that was bad as well?

Just hang out and get to know each other better. Then see where it goes from there.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 05-07-06 at 04:42 AM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

That's the same feeling i had when my boyfriend and I first go together, I don't think I ever stopped feeling that way either, and it's been over a year! But yeah take it slow see where it goes....and please don't quit you job...it might work in a movie...in real life it will just end in you feeling liek crap...and her being not so sure if she wants to spend her life with you.
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.