+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel like a TOTAL NOOB.

tooxshort, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19. I waited until I was old enough and in love. My gf at the time was on the pill. We even discussed beforehand what we would do if she became pregnant. The reason I appear harsh is b/c Google'd is a minor. He can't get a job at many places, sign up for a credit card, live in an apartment, etc. He still needs his parent's permission b/c legally he's not an adult. What's he going to do if his gf gets pregnant? I refuse to condone kids having sex.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    tooxshort, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19. I waited until I was old enough and in love. My gf at the time was on the pill. We even discussed beforehand what we would do if she became pregnant. .

Same for me, pretty much (I was 18, almost 19.....we waited a year). We took the negative possible outcomes of sex pretty seriously.......both my ex and I were products of 'accidental' teen pregnancies (and rushed marriages), so we KNEW what could happen and wanted to take every possible step to avoid that. It's called responsibility.

Responsibility is much more than putting on a condom. It's being fully educated, and prepared for possible negative outcomes: STD's, pregnancy, and the most overlooked.......the psychological effects on the person/relationship (no one ever considers this part!). This goes for a person of any age.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    You shouldn't be having sex if you are a minor. I doubt you have the money, let alone maturity, to raise a baby.
    I think it's okay for you to have sex as a minor, as long as you are prepared to have a baby. Condoms are great, but they don't always work. My position on the matter: If you and your partner can't talk to each other about what happens if you get pregnant, then you aren't ready to have sex. Sex causes babies and you have to be prepared for it happen, even though it might not.

Neo was really smart about the whole thing! As I said, he talked with his partner about all negative possibilities. That's maturity!
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123