+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend told me he loved me and as much as i want to say it back i cant

My boyfriend told me he loved me and as much as i want to say it back i cant

Today my boyfriend told me he loved me, thats meant to be an amazing moment when you grin ear to ear and feel amazing, he is the perfect guy, he's thoughtful and kind and pretty much the classic gent, girls you know when you dream up the perfect guy for you, thats him for me and i cant imagine being without him. BUT a nd its a big but i dont love him, i dont know why i have sat willing it to happen but it hasnt i told him that i was sorry but as much as i wanted to love him i dont. He was understanding but i feel awful and i dont think i can carry on letting him love me when i cant say it back, i cant even see it coming and its killing me.
    please give me advice!

Love is a feeling, it doesnt come immediately. If you enjoy being with him then dont let the love word stop you. Dont let him pressure you into saying what you dont feel. If this is the basis for you dumping him, then reconsider because you said it youself, you still reall like the guy.

but do you think it will come? my friend said he was with his ex and as much as he wanted to love her the feeling never came, thats what im worried about most

you are making it too complicated. stop listening to your friends. if you enjoy the guys company, no reason to change anything. if you think you can be happier elsewhere, then you need to make that decision. there is no correct answer.

I guess I'll just stay with him and hope that it comes to me I suppose all i can do is wait and hope , I dont think id be happier elsewhere thanks for the advice

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, don't be dramatic about things. You sound like my ex-girlfriend--and that was one hell of a dramatic situation. It went along the lines of this:

[Completely paraphrased, of course]
    Me: I love you.
    Her: lol wel i mean i wana say it bak n stuf but liek i cnat be 2 sure of thingz n stuf so0o0o.. ya...
    Me: It's okay, I understand.
    Her: wel liek i stil care bout u n stuffz.........
    Me: Don't worry about it--it's alright!

Six monthish later...

Her: we need 2 talk..
    Me: Oh? What's up?
    Her: i tink i <3 u...

So yeah!

If you believe in your heart that you will never love him, then you need to cut him loose. You are setting him up with false hope and for a major heartbreak.