+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing my ground

Standing my ground

Well i've introduced myself in the intro thread, I have a ex g/f of 3 years who lives 100 miles away and we'd always make time to see each other, and recently broken up due to college and her loss of feelings...

Well the internet is where we'd do the majority of our talking and after making a strong point of it being over I've decided to try and accept the fact, now we'd talk everynight whether it be on the phone, online, or in person. I have decided to stand my ground and make a point to her and play 'hard to get' in a way by deleting her as a friend on myspace and all of our pictures together on myspace. But what I am also doing is i am not going to contact her in any way, i deleted her number out of my phone (i dont know it by heart, ik thats bad lol) and yesterday she sent me this reallly nice message over myspace after i deleted her and everything which was really long but the jist of it was, she was alittle upset because we couldnt be friends and then she listed 50 of our countless memories we have had together and that I've had changed her in so many ways that without me she doesnt know what she'd would be like. So I was thinking sayin something back but I just punched myself in the face and told myself i wasnt gonna do it...

now this is her away msg online, which she only ever leaves songs in them when they are about me and this is what it is...

This time, This place
    Misused, Mistakes
    Too long, Too late
    Who was I to make you wait
    Just one chance
    Just one breath
    Just in case there's just one left
    'Cause you know, you know, you know

That I love you
    I have loved you all along
    And I miss you
    far away for far too long
    I keep dreaming you'll be with me
    and you'll never go
    Stop breathing if
    I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask
    Last chance for one last dance
    'Cause with you, I'd withstand
    All of hell to hold your hand
    I'd give it all
    I'd give for us
    Give anything but I won't give up
    'Cause you know, you know, you know

does any one know that song and can some one try and explain what it means? I mean its right there but idk?

thanks

The song is "Far Away" by Nickelback. My ex girlfriend used it as her myspace profile song for a few weeks after she dumped me, so I analyzed it more than once myself.

The song is all about missing someone. It's about loving someone who is far away (in a physical or emotional sense), and wishing for a chance to be with that person. It's about wanting to tell that person that you love them, and to hear them they that they love you back. It's about feeling like you'll die if that person leaves your life.

That's what I found it to mean for me when my ex had it on her myspace. Of course, in my case, she put it up for a different guy... but regardless, that's the definition.

It's a good song; I'd listen to it a couple times. Melancholy, but good.

Good luck with it all.

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

Move. Go to her.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

man, playing games is stupid- and it looks like you're both doing it. You two need to sort out what you want. Does she want to just be friends? Does she want back? Do you want to move on and cut her out completely? In which case, what she wants doesn't matter to you anyway, in which case, what are you asking us exactly? If you are obliged to 'be friends' with her? Personally I can understand her wanting to keep in touch, but if you have no friend-feelings for her, then pretending is only going to be an insult to her.
    Last edited by Tiay; 13-07-06 at 04:16 AM.

I agree (as usual) with Tiay. What are you going to do next? Fold your arms and stamp your foot? You're acting like a brat, not standing your ground.

Standing your ground would be to tell her you don't think you can be friends with someone you're still in love with and asking her to respect that.

ok well, I took your guys advice and sent her a msg over myspace, which she didnt reply to, so I IMed her and I knew something was wrong right away, it ended up her telling me that she found it best to not even be friends, just after she wrote me a msg about how she wants to be friends 3 DAYS AGO. So I sent her a msg on why we should be friends and what not over Myspace, and then she replied saying she will talk to me and what not but she thinks she wont want to see me again which was really harsh.

I know it will be hard for her to see me, as it would be hard for me to see her, let alone talk to her. Last night after talkin to my mom about it for an hour and giving it lots of time to think, I finally realizd what was going on.

About a year ago when we were planning on her commin to college down here I was being selfish and said that "if we don't move in together I can't see us lasting" which was a really bad idea, idk why i said it and I regret it. Ik it hurts her to today still cause she brought it up yesterday... Well anyway, she truly didnt want to go to college down here, she wanteed to stay up there and now, she's in a bind where now she thinks it wont work out just because she is staying up there right now, so the only way to deal with it is that she's trying to forget me and the things we had together, so she won't be hurt.

I sent a msg to her last night and i wrote about what I just said and more, and how I respect her being independant, but I think we truly can work out the long distance. I mean shit, we'v been doin it for 3 years already, why not more? I cant wait till I get home and read what she wrote back, if she even wrote back.

So, let me get this straight: You want to work out the long-distance thing, but she doesn't even want to be friends, let alone stay together.

Is there hope for a reconciliation there, or are you just refusing to let go?

In that case, the person she was probably "missing" by posting that song was you-just not you now. She probably misses the you you used to be, when you two had a healthy and positive relationship. Not to imply that you changed, but that your relationship went through negative changes.

At least, that's what my ex did.

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ah, poor bastard.

Did you really punch yourself in the face?

'Cause if you did, that's awesome.

Anyway, sounds like the best thing to do now is go back to the "no contact" method.

Yea I did really jack myself in the jaw...

But now I realize it is over and I was fine with it and was over the whole situation, and wanted to still be friends with her since she is a great girl (and maybe get some here and there LOL) but she told me she couldnt see being frineds with her ex, so im like WTF? but I was like,

"look if you absoluetly dont want to be friends with me, then theres nothing I can do, I just DONT want to get that call 2 years down the road from now, whatever you say right now will make or break me, if u say u dont want to be friends right now, then you will never hear or see from me again, no collin any more"

Then there was a huge pause, the she said, "itd be for the best" (me and her always say things we dont mean and never stick to our word about things like what I just said, but this time i'm serious and I hope she KNOWS im serious.

Then I was like "ok bye then" and left. and that was like 3 days ago and havent talked since and Im going along fairly easy with the whole situation, BEST CURE: go after more girls, Im starting to talk with this one fine girl so will see what happens!!!

Yay for you- good attitude. I hope it works out betterwith The Fine One.

well shit! I knew this no contact method couldnt last more than a frickin week!

I was at the fair last night and I received a phone call from HER... She was asking why I had called her like 3 hours earlier and I'm like WTF!?? I didnt call you, and she was like, you did too, and then u left a message and all I heard was background noise... And she was like let me call you on my house phone and she hung up.

I looked at my call log and, yup there it was, it said i called her at 8:28 which really pissed me off cuz I didnt know how that happened.

So she called back, and was like, Ik why u called, and im like why then? and she was like, Because you know i woulda seen the call and then id have to call u back, and thats where i blew up! I was like NO i did not ****in call u for that reason, like u said all u heard was background noise, so that tells u right there, it was an accidental call, and besides say that ur theory did happen, why would u call back then, wouldnt that be what i wanted, u to call me back?

Well it ended up me calling her immature about how shes going about things, she also said " ik that deep down inside u still have feelings for me" and i was like "NO, thats why i was ok being friends with you" and she was like whatever

It ended up agreeing to be friends, I was like, its up to u if u want to be friends cuz thats what i wanted, and if ur ok with it thenwhatever, and then she was like i guess we can be friends....

and now she has all these quotes in her profile on loved ones and shit UGH!!!

you think now that shes getting jealous cuz im talking to other girls (she knows I am) and she realizes that I am alright?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had people accidently call me plenty of times, and leave the long ass nothing messages of background noise.

Just ignore her man.

And make sure to put your keylock on next time.

The best way to make sure that never happens again is to delete her number from your contacts list on your phone. It might do you some good.

I think I'm going to be ill trying to read all Freeway's posts. Use proper english man. Are you 14?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast