+ Follow This Topic

Thread: signs a friend is interested in more than friendship

signs a friend is interested in more than friendship

Hey guys,

What signs would a guy give off to a friend if he had suddenly become interested in more than friendship?
    Thanks.

Well.. It depends how long this guy happens to be friends with this girl..

See.. if it's less than 2 months.. then.. guys reach a kind of comfort zone... and will be really open, and "active".

Be ready to see strait foward signals... (complements, questions about "you", touches, "lunches or dinners" that seem like dates (because they are), actual gifts!!!)

See.. some guys.. like myself.. even go as far as getting their "friends" who they are really interested in, a pink iPod with her name in the back for her birthday..

If someone does this.. they are no longer a friend..

However, after the 2nd month and before the 4th month, guys will become "passive".

Be ready for him to hang out once in a while, even with friends, a foot rub, a game of tarrot cards, basically back to friend stuff... but an excuse to spend time with you... and if you're the guy... now.. you're waiting for something to happen... because for 2 months.. nothing happened...

This means... (Get ready for this one)... that YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE MOVE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN HIM!!!

Yes.. this is a fate worst than death for most girls... but it is sadly what must be done if it is still at this point or ever reaches here...

Then.. we get to beyond 6 months where on most scenarios, your eternal friendship is set in stone...

There are however stories... ... of two friends becoming bf-gf after years of being friends... however.. there is a better chance of you flipping a coin 10 times and getting at least 9 heads... than this being you and this guy...

However, if the guy watches Bollywood films.. please ignore the previous paragraph... It is the only film industry that a guy gets shot in Bombay, and walks to Goa singing two songs in between to confess his undying love for his best friend since childhood that is now married with kids to his only brother.. And this is just the middle of the movie..

But seriously... see which part of this timeline you fall under... and consider carefully what you'd like to do..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    Yes.. this is a fate worst than death for most girls... but it is sadly what must be done if it is still at this point or ever reaches here...

Then.. we get to beyond 6 months where on most scenarios, your eternal friendship is set in stone...

There are however stories..... of two friends becoming bf-gf after years of being friends... however.. there is a better chance of you flipping a coin 10 times and getting at least 9 heads... than this being you and this guy...
    Actually, people that have been friends for years can end up dating. I've been friends with a guy for 10 years and we were sorta dating, but it was neva official cause he just broke up with his gf and it was cause she thought he was cheating on her with another girl, so ppl were thinking he was a pimp/player. So it neva lasted long cause he said it would ruin both our reputations, but if he hadnt been going out with anyone b4 we were, im more than sure that we would still b together for years to come. (im still hoping that we'll be able to get bak together, and have a feeling its gonna happen soon)

And GrkScorp, haven't u watched those movies where best friends fall in love in the end and live happily eva after? :P :D I think this person is a girl, and trying to say: i think a guy friend likes me, how do i tell if he does? -but correct me if im wrong : O

Signs are:

Talking to you at every oppurtunity
    Acting nervous around you and not maintaing eye contact
    Buying you big gifts (For Birthdays, Christmas ect...)
    Compliment you loads and tell you how great you are.

Well these are the signs i put off anyway, not intentionally however...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    Well.. It depends how long this guy happens to be friends with this girl..

See.. if it's less than 2 months.. then.. guys reach a kind of comfort zone... and will be really open, and "active".
    That is some of the worst logic I've seen on here.

Do you sit there with a calendar marking when you've moved from active to passive mode?

1. Making snarly comments about your boyfriend
    2. Uncomfortable shifting about when sitting next to you, indicating physical "anxiety"
    3. Asking you out on a date

Quote Originally Posted by inlove
    Hey guys,

What signs would a guy give off to a friend if he had suddenly become interested in more than friendship?
    Thanks.

1. He is a male and you are a female. You are remotely attractive.

Thus ends the comprehensive list.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    1. Making snarly comments about your boyfriend

Ha ha, yeah, that's a pretty common one.

I've also found these to be good indicators:

-Complimenting you more than necessary, especially to others
    -Jumping at the chance to 'help' when you hint you are having a problem with something
    -Any attempt at physical contact
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RogerWilco
    1. He is a male and you are a female. You are remotely attractive.

Thus ends the comprehensive list.
    LOL that probably about right actually. As for the timeline thing that also sounds about right, at least with the 3 phases. Im not sure about the 3rd phase but probably true was well depends on how attractive the female is.