+ Follow This Topic

Thread: breaking point

breaking point

Recently, my boyfriend and I have been having problems and fights that seem to just follow one another. Literally day after day...lately he's on a short fuse and is more impatient than ever. As for me, well, a little more complacent in terms of not wanting to deal with things because it's getting ridiculous. More and more he's yelling and I'm finding myself feeling like he's taking me for granted because the tables have turned (meaning I am more into him now than before).

He's been yelling a lot more and it's been bothering me. His lack of patience and short temper isn't helping anything. Meanwhile, I'm here just being emotional.

We go in and out of the fights and get through it, but today I found something on a forum that he answered. The question was about temptation and a girl calling a guy (who is in a relationship) over at a club. His answer "Yea, it's OK as long as you're not married."

How am I supposed to feel about that? We've been together for SIX years. I found that just today and I called him up to confront and he says it doesn't mean anything. I'm SERIOUSLY bothered by it. Am I overreacting?

Why dont you talk to him about it? After 6 years, you'd think the two of you could talk. Are you both getting enough sleep? That can make you grumpy.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It sounds to me like you are focusing on the wrong problem. Your man treats you like crap and you are complacent. If he is inclined to run around, it sounds like that action would simply reinforce the fact that he treats you like crap. Why would you be surprised? You get what you settle for.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If you've put in six years with this guy, you might be looking at doing the family thing. Evidently, you find him yelling at you merely bothersome.

Do you want someone to treat your kids this way? Wake the hell up! Pack a bag.