+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the effing heat

the effing heat

I gotta vent about the heat. it's like 85 F here, which may not sound like much to you in the US, but we have no AC of any kind, and a house that has a total glass front to the south. And the glass is the double-glazed type with a foil in it that locks in the heat. The water isn't even much of a cool-off at 75 or so. I'm melting. Soon I will cease to exist. I'm just not used to this. I'm literally sitting here wearing only shorts and sweating buckets. There are flies everywhere. and lets not forget the flying ants who LOVE the color white. Incidentally, things that are white: towels, curtains, sun umbrella thingie, and Rapture (horse).. poor Rapture.. Speaking of horses, there are horseflies everywhere, also. ha, i've only been stung once, and I killed it soon after. The usually active dog does nothing but lie around panting, looking like he might die of heat stroke if we stopped draping him in wet towels.
    hands up all who hate the heat....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's all what you are used to. Summer days where I live are often 110 degrees. However, I hate humidity worse than heat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

my hands are up!!!! its hot here too, and will continue to get hotter. Ugh why no ac?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

yikes, vashti, I'd die in that heat. I assume you have AC though; we don't because it usually doesn't get this hot. Ireland has a very mild climate. Many winters it barely snows at all, the 'summer' consists of a few weeks of less-clouds-than-usual. We have a well that's only 4 metres deep- it has only ever dried out once, at least in my memory.
    frankly, I don't like complaining about the weather, but my room is baking and.. the curtains are WHITE I don't deal well with heat. I get dizzy when I stand up, and maybe it's just my imagination but my dust allergy tends to act up.
    on the other hand, skinny dipping at night is magical
    yes.. I live in paradise except when it's too hot. edit; i'm having a really good summer holiday, it has to be said. in May/June I was in spain for two weeks, i'm going to germany for a week on the 20th, and in august my BF is visiting me (damn, still have to decide on what BC to get..) and we'll go to a hotel for part of that week, so I'm effectively having three separate vacations. I got like 73.8 % total on my first year of college, which means first class honours. I am one happy camper.
    Last edited by Tiay; 19-07-06 at 05:39 AM.

Mid summer is nice here. Around 2 in the afternoon, big thunderheads roll in, the temp cools off at least 10 degrees, and we get mild thunderstorms. The whole atmosphere is charged- it's pretty cool.

You could send Rapture over here, Tiay, but he wouldn't like the thunder.

thunderstorms! lovely! except if they hit the power. probably not such a good idea to be in the lake, either...
    Rapture is scared to death of many, many things, including plastic bags, lightning, wind, tables, and in general, things moving on the ground- arabs are just so highly strung..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    yikes, vashti, I'd die in that heat. I assume you have AC though; we don't because it usually doesn't get this hot. Ireland has a very mild climate. Many winters it barely snows at all, the 'summer' consists of a few weeks of less-clouds-than-usual. We have a well that's only 4 metres deep- it has only ever dried out once, at least in my memory.
    frankly, I don't like complaining about the weather, but my room is baking and.. the curtains are WHITE I don't deal well with heat. I get dizzy when I stand up, and maybe it's just my imagination but my dust allergy tends to act up..
    Yes, we have air conditioning, but due to energy shortages, we also have rolling blackouts during which time your neighborhood takes its turn having no electricity at all for a few hours during the hottest part of the day.

I don't even turn the air on until it gets to be 85 indoors (around 100 outside) unless we have company coming over.

Congrats on the high school marks. I don't know exactly what they mean since we have a different grading system here (70-79% is considered a "C" (or average) grade in America). Anyway, enjoy your remaining well-deserved vacations.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel sorry for you as I sit comfortable in my air conditioning.

Don't worry, I can relate though, I painted all day in the 95 degree heat and humidity.

hehe thanks Vash, Fras.
    yeah, I don't really know what C means.. but what I got is pretty good, so I'm happy.

I was in NYC in august once and as soon as I stepped out of the JFK, the heat and humidity hit me and I said.. "Bloody hell!"

oh, btw, what is the difference between uploading to the "member galleries" and the "loveforum galleries"?
    and what's this hot love pancakes thing..?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay

oh, btw, what is the difference between uploading to the "member galleries" and the "loveforum galleries"?
    and what's this hot love pancakes thing..?
    I really don't know...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think there's a difference between uploading to member or loveforum galleries.

The whole pancake thing is a sort of promotion for those who've stuck around and provided people with more or less good advice.

And I do give good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    I don't think there's a difference between uploading to member or loveforum galleries.

The whole pancake thing is a sort of promotion for those who've stuck around and provided people with more or less good advice.

And I do give good advice.
    .. when you chose to

oh, that's a cool idea.

Well.. i'm kinda camera shy but i'll upload some photos of my surroundings and such.

Tiay, you're a total pancake in my book.

lilwing89 Guest
    you bitches. i live in 115 degree temperatures, and there is a drought here, along with fires everywhere, started by just about anything. seriously there is about 3 fires a day, JUST WITHIN MY COUNTY. and these are big ****in fires. it looks like hell over here. the ground is like black and the sky is red.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Tiay, you're a total pancake in my book.
    Thank you! You've been here longer than me (at least.. I think so?!) so you deserve the badge tho

lol, it sounds so silly out of context!

lilwing, wow, if I was you I'd move asap..
    Last edited by Tiay; 19-07-06 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast