+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workin' on Bein' More Healthy

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Workin' on Bein' More Healthy

I never ate better than in AmeriCorps.

Not only the amount of food I had to eat, but the sheer variety of healthy foods I ate. I've never come closer to eating a healthy balance of food groups.

Since I came back home though I started goin' back to old habits. Sitting around eating the comfort foods of home, cheesesteaks, tastykakes, pretzels, pop tarts, you get the point. Not only that, but I don't eat regularly anymore. Breakfast is whenever, lunch is whatever if at all, dinner is usually alright.

I just bought some juice and high fiber cereal, as well as some ovaltine (lots of vitamins) And I'm gonna try to run more frequently. I'm only goin' about twice a week see if I can't up that to 3?

So how do you guys fare in terms of your diet and exercise?

Diet? Exercise? What's that. All I know is I have to lift dumbells every 3-6 months for 10 minutes or I get tendonitis in my shoulders.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know, the Anthony from yestyear wouldn't approve of these diet and exercise habits. But I realized after goin' on a run after eating pizza and soda, that I might actually have to fuel my body a bit better if I'm gonna keep that type of activity up.

I wasn't feelin' too good after that run...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I walk my dog every morning for 40 minutes. My diet is fairly dependent on what stage of my menstrual cycle I am in.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have to get healthy food on the table every morning and night for an 8-year-old, so my breakfast & dinner are pretty good, but lunch can be really bad. If I'm really busy, it's cup-o-noodles or fast food.

I always had more energy when I ate only fruit for breakfast. Maybe I'll get back into doing that.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation to go runnin', cause I can always think of a reason to put it off.

It's much easier when you have somebody else to go with.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should borrow a neighbor's dog to run with you. Dogs require regular exercise and they don't make you feel obligated to chat while you are gasping for breath. Also, that would leave you free to run with an iPOD. I love mine.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh, I don't like runnin' with headphones on. I don't know why but I just prefer the ambience of what's around me.

Even if it's just city traffic.

At Basic they taught us that it takes about four weeks of regular exercise to "get in the habit" of doing so. After that hump, it gets much easier to practice physical discipline wth yourself.

I've been running a lot lately. Not so much for exercise, but just because it's a chance to enjoy the open air and to think about things...

A little thinking never hurt anyone, and the running sure as Hell isn't gonna kill me.

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha i know exactly what you mean. after my friends came back from iraq, there were thinner and a lot of muscular. now that it has been some time, they are reverted back to their old habits, which include drinking with me.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Comin' home seems to be synonymous with comin' back to old habits.

It's good to see you want to get back into a healthy routine. I become quite lazy so I decided I would do the same. Eating good food and exercising daily can really change how you feel and your perspective on life. Though the first step is always the hardest. I'm sure you can do it Choi.

EDIT: Though I may add, It's SO much easier if theres someone there to do it with.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

King Zarathu Guest
    When I eat fast-food, it makes me feel depressed, needy, and extremely insecure. I don't know why. Same pattern everytime I eat the shit.

IT'S SO DAMN TASTY

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    When I eat fast-food, it makes me feel depressed, needy, and extremely insecure. I don't know why. Same pattern everytime I eat the shit.

IT'S SO DAMN TASTY

OR

Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

King Zarathu Guest
    I prefer

Dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast