+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Saying goodbye to a high-school crush, and a friendship - gift ideas?

Saying goodbye to a high-school crush, and a friendship - gift ideas?

Hey yall,

Ive been wondering what to get this girl for the longest time, and her birthdays coming up. Some backround information:

• Im 18
    • Shes turning 18
    • Ive had a crush on her for 3+ years
    • We became friends two years ago
    • I started to write "Secret Admirer" letters to her, apparently she cried when reading them
    • She found out it was me, by my last letter
    • Last year I asked her out in one of those last letters, i was rejected
    • To make matters worse or better idk, we became BETTER friends
    • This had me feeling worse and worse seeing her more often
    • Our friends (we both have the same freinds), still immature after high-school continiously made fun of the way she talks (accented slightly, nothing major)
    • She thought it was funny-- but hearing my friends make fun of her, and talk about her X boyfriend(s) and making out with them.. just really pushed my buttons
    • All of my friends know about me and this girl but still show no respect

So what did I do? Well, after years of knowing these kids.. i said enoughs enough... i thought it was me that was being imature by getting mad about this, so i wrote a little list of why i hated myself.. and dumbass me, posted it online and my friends read it. The next day, they wrote a list of 50+ things that my friends hated about the girl I liked, and the girl writing it was this girls best friend.. I was FURIOUS, so I wrote a list about what i hated about her best friend.. turns out that that list was fake, and the girl i like.. actually helped write it.. but it was too late, the list about her best friend was already online... so now im the bad guy..

The immaturaty level caused me to break it with all of my friends..So this girl im sure thinks im an asshole now, b-c none of these friends have called me in weeks, and that leads me to believe that her best friend gave her all of her propaganda and she listened to her.. meanwhile never hearing myside of the story.. how this was some dumb misunderstanding, however i will never hang out with these immature freaks again.

Anyways.. I wanted to give this girl something that says that I cared for her for all of these years.. and that im not an asshole.. in the YEARS of knowing her, I've never had an arguement, hell, or even a disagreement.. between her or ALL of my friends, im the kid that never gets picked on, or made fun of.. when everyone else is. Im not asking for anything, i know were never going to go out, and its fine with me. But I want to give her something sweet and will spend whatever time.energy I have to use to be ready for it. I was thinking a 24k gold rose in a vase with godiva chocolates inside instead of water.. a card with a final letter to her, and.. i dont know what else... im sure this isn't the greatest idea but hey! im not very creative.. if anyone has any ideas, please do share.. i know most of the "punch" from this gift will be in the goodbye letter, but as for the actual 'gift' itself.. im kinda clueless.
    Alone in a world that would never understand

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't do a gold rose. It sounds like too expensive of a gift to give someone who was never your girlfriend. I think if you have a photo of the two of you framed, that would be sweet, or maybe you can make a CD of some songs that have been popular during your high school years (and not the sappy love ballads). Don't go overboard - it will make you look pathetic rather than thoughtful. Keep it light and simple, and don't put anything in writing you might be embarrassed by in 10 years. Trust me on this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Give her a picture of the both of you.

And don't cut off your friends for being immature. You're acting like a 12-year-old.

Some great idea(s)

I like the photo idea, I might just use it.

And to cut my friends off as immature:
    1. They drink
    2. Smoke pot
    3. Have a friend trying to get other friends into heavier drugs
    4. Making fun of eachother is their way of having fun
    5. Making you look like an idiot by staring at you like your dumb when you have an idea, then to look at eachother, laugh and go "pffft, no" and give no explaination why "no"
    6. My friends (That've been in my band for 5 years), never take my suggestions seriously.
    7. I've never had a relationship and only 1 crush in 18 years and to have your friends make fun of it behind your back is horrible
    --7A: The song "master of puppets", would be used in dialect - the word & tone "Master" would be used at me when I'd do favors for her (Print her homework, fixing her computer, anything she'd ask, I'd do.. ) and they played an inside joke singing "master, MASTER" to me for weeks before the girl i liked.. told me what it meant
    8. Their moodswings, 1 minute they want to go somewhere, the next they want to go home
    9. How I can be the one person to honestly say that no one has even had any dissagreement/quarrel with me in over 3-5 years and this 1 time things get tough.. they all assume im this huge asshole and not 1 person calls me in weeks.. when my other friend walks off from the group so i hear last week, and they all show up at his house begging him to come back..

That list could really go on, but I'm getting carried away from what' i came back to the forum to talk about. I like the picture idea, and I will keep to the more positive side of things in the letter. I re-read some of the letters i wrote her a few years ago.. and i do regret a lot of what i said.. I guess having a crush this long can be seen as "obsession" but.. idk, is there such a thing as "healthy obsession"? I mean, Im not violent, im too patient, and i would never press this matter with her after she said no' to me.

So a picture of us together.., and a letter? Anything else? Hmm, as for cd's.. i do have a horrible memory, plus she has 100s of cd's, i dont want to get her something she may already own. I know a lot of it is dependant on what I think she'd like its just that im having a little troble, if yall got maybe a few other ideas it might jog my memory or give me new ideas entirely thx

Her dvd' players broke, lol maybe a new one? lmao.. thats too weard though eh? hmm, she likes adam sandler, maybe a bunch of his movies.. hmm idk, she's a huge rocker too, but idk.. imma drummer but idk what 'musically' would be awesome to get as a present.. but its taking away from the sweet' end of things ey? or does the picture and letter pretty much do it for the sweet part? and the actual gift for w/e? idk, sorry im notta good talker inna forums heh
    Last edited by Smithx; 20-07-06 at 07:57 AM.

Okay okay nothing too expensive. Hows:

A letter
    A Framed Picture of us
    A Adam Sandler Movie Collection (She likes him but dont have ne of his movies)
    - Or -'other' ?

That might do it, im not sure

Is a picture "creepy" to a girl that rejected you... but still thoght you were a sweet guy and stayed friends with you over a year later? would that say im obsessive? I dont want that kinda impression, but if i picture wouldnt do that.. alright then

Quote Originally Posted by Smithx
    Some great idea(s)

So a picture of us together.., and a letter? Anything else? Hmm, as for cd's.. i do have a horrible memory, plus she has 100s of cd's, i dont want to get her something she may already own. I know a lot of it is dependant on what I think she'd like its just that im having a little troble, if yall got maybe a few other ideas it might jog my memory or give me new ideas entirely thx
    You should make her a compilation that's all about her and how you feel about her. Don't just buy her something at the store. You're trying to make a big, final impression, right?

Also, it sounds like your friends are assholes. IMO, cutting them off for being assholes makes plenty of sense.

Your right Gigabitch!

I am going to make a compilation. Im good with photoshop and I was just about ready to give up heh. Well thank you, I intend on giving her a photo compiliation, a (nice) letter - not depressing, and some adam sandler movies. Is this a nice setup? or would someone reccommend something more ... erm, 'tasteful', otherwise im going to get started right away! Thanks Giga'
    Last edited by Smithx; 25-07-06 at 10:36 PM.

Would it be appropriate to have a title on the collage for her? Im not sure..