+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birth control

Birth control

Okay... I've been doubting wether I should get on the pill or not... As you all don't know me, some background info...
    I've never had a boyfriend or kissed till my 19th, being to romantic or whatever, I've never wanted a boyfriend just to have one. Our relationship grew, and after about half a year we slept together. Repeated it. (gets addicting huh ) Using condoms only. Gone well so far, I've never really worried about pregnancy or anything. Yet I'm still doubting about getting on the pill. It's safer, sure. But I'm a bit against taking hormones, why taking it, if nature invented a woman's body this way? I don't need it for having my periods irregularly or painfully, because that isn't so.

So yeah, I guess you'll all tell me to get on the pill. But I'd like to hear some about your experiences with it, how are the side effects? That's what concerns me most I guess... The long lists of possible side effects scares me off...

To make a long story short: I'd just like to hear some experiences with the pill, be it negative or positive.

I say you can never be too safe. However, I know it can reduce your sex drive which I consider to be a big downer.
    Last edited by TAVS; 20-07-06 at 11:53 PM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should talk to a physican about side effects and other options rather than a love forum, however, I can tell you that sexually active people should be using two forms of contraception at ALL times (condom plus another method) to prevent unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. There are other forms of birth control besides pills - perhaps you should look into a diaphram.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you have to do the math- condoms are, what, 85% effective? So you have sex ten times, you have a chance of getting pregnant. If you're not ready to handle that, you need to get some better birth control immediately.

I was on the pill for years. It worked for me because I never forgot to take one. I think there are some really good low-dose pills out there now. Just remember, you have to use a condom to protect yourself from STDs and for the first month of being on the pill to protect against pregnancy.