+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How important are looks?

How important are looks?

Topic title says it all, lets assume the girl is respectable and not a slut, shall we?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The level of importance a person places on physical beauty is pretty individual: for some people it is extremely important, for others less so. What I can tell you for sure is that looks fade, and all the physical advantages in the world won't make up for an ugly spirit. Also, looks tend to grow on you, but I don't think it is possible to overcome actual revulsion.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

erm im a guy, but all the same, it depends on the person, some people even though they are "hot" i would never consider having sex with. I just cant stand them. The opposite is true too. People who are not physically attractive at all can be very dateable.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone has a different idea of what's attractive. I would not date someone I found unattractive, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're 'ugly'.....just that they don't do anything for me. A great personality also tends to make a guy that much hotter in my eyes. He could be fairly 'plain' looking to me initially, but if I get to know him and find out he's a great person, he'll be so much more attractive.

I'd have to say on the whole I've found myself a lot more smitten over average looking or slightly below average looking guys (according to my tastes) with awesome personalities than I have super hotties. I usually tend to get a bad vibe over guys who are too good looking and put a ton of effort into their clothes and looks. It screams 'asshole' and 'narcissistic' to me. I know that's stereotyping, but I haven't met too many of these guys that are relationship-worthy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Looks arent generally that important as it is for guys, as long as you have the right personality, you can have any girl of your dreams. Looks are just a bonus.

I think looks aren't THAT important. However, it is a must that you are attracted physically to the person. Having said that, people tend to become more attractive if their personality is appealing.
    Initially I personally think that looks are great, because it adds to the excitement. But after a while, you become used to the way someone looks, personalities are ever changing and if someone can make you laugh then I don't think it necessarily matters how good looking they are.

Personally, I've always been attracted to really good looking guys, but it's been my experience that they can be a pain in the ass.

I would tend to count it as a negative at this point. I theorize that average-looking guys might be more well-rounded and less likely to fight me for the bathroom mirror in the morning.