View Poll Results: How much makeup do you like on the ladies?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • None at all... au natural

8 38.10%
  • Moderate... nothing that would stop a plane

12 57.14%
  • Whore it up, baby!

1 4.76%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makeup...

Mostly i like all natural !
    But sometimes I like the eyes done with makeup.
    cuz most beautyfull part from a girl imo

I don't wear makeup, i think it's effing stupid to pay cash just so you can bother putting stuff on your face every day and feel insecure without it. add up how much of that stuff you buy a month, and then calculate by year. not to mention the [URL="http://www.hartfordadvocate.com/gbase/News/content?oid=oid:103837"]st[/URL][URL="http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/nov2002/2002-11-20-06.asp"]uff[/URL] that goes into some of these cosmetics, AND the dubious history the cosmetic industry has with [URL="http://www.idausa.org/facts/costesting.html"]animal testing[/URL].
    Though yes, I actually do have one of those little clearasil "instant cover" sticks that you put on any giant red pimples you get. And yes, I have tried wearing a little makeup (or rather, been made to by friends), once or twice, literally, but I think it's still fair to say I don't wear any.

Sure people tend to look better (in varying degrees, depending) with some make-up, I don't deny that. Especially for TV appearances and big events, I understand why people would wear it.
    Guys want girls who don't wear makeup yet look naturally good all the time; since that isn't realistic, girls put "natural" looking makeup on and such. But in the end, the person you're with is going to see you without makeup... And the people who love you wont care. The potential partners who are worth it don't care either. So why bother?

A friend at college says her skin is simply bad.. she has lovely skin! Another classmate is a redhead and she says she always puts mascara on before going anywhere for fear people would see her light eyelashes. She's beautiful without!.. somehow, it just makes me think this is another one of those things where big industry is exploiting Women's insecurities to make shitloads of money.

btw, nice icon, Neo

Well, just wanted to bring this dead thread back up with some results... ok and the only reason "whore it up" has a vote was because NEO thought it looked lonely... so, thus, most men prefer little or no makeup on women... which leads to the question of the day... Why on earth do women wear so much makeup? How many times do we see girls or even old ladies (ok, ESPECIALLY old ladies) with so much paint on their face that you could use it to paint a mural? Honestly, women, why do you do this? The vast vast vast majority of men (ALL of the ones who voted here) are repulsed by it... is it only becuase you think we like it? Or because you see it on TV/mags? The reason I dislike ANY makeup at all, is for me it says that the girl is not using her own mind and is just following the norms and standards that society has set for her (this is a huge generalization btw... please don't flame me) Most women CONTINUE to wear makeup even if they don't necessarily want to because it would be too much of a shock to their social surroundings (friends/family/workers etc.) if they pulled a cold turkey, and WE would give them hell for it, funny how people work, no? Anyways, I just found it interesting how many guys (and not just on this forum) find anything more than basic makeup to be disgusting... and cannot help but wonder what on earth, then, compels women to make themselves look like antique dolls... and as my disclaimer I obviously know a lot of perfectly wonderful girls who wear makeup, to varying degrees, and that has no (well, very little) effect on how I see them, it's just one of those little quirky things I just can't get over... a good friend of mine will go au natural for the bulk of the day, classes, etc until the afternoon when she goes out or has some sort of meetings when she "bee-you-ti-fies" herself religiously beforehand... and I just find this the most bizzare, unnatural thing... and wonder how society has come along to have this as the norm and acceptable, if not expected by most people... bah... I'm ranting now...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm.. Maybe we don't really care what men think about it, and we do it because WE like it. Did you ever think of that? Not everything we do has to be about "catching a man". Besides, it doesn't seem to matter much what we do, because men are still hitting on us.
    Last edited by vashti; 02-08-06 at 01:34 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Hmm.. Maybe we don't really care what men think about it, and we do it because WE like it. Did you ever think of that? Not everything we do has to be about "catching a man". Besides, it doesn't seem to matter much what we do, because men are still hitting on us.
    Y'know, I always shaved my head regardless of what other people thought.

Then I started growin' my hair out for my team just till the end of AmeriCorps.

I got a lot of positive feedback about it, most often being "you look friendlier with hair" that I still haven't cut it.

I must admit, I can look damn sexy with hair.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee

I must admit, I can look damn sexy with hair.
    Proof, please. Before and after hair photos would be nice.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yup. Talk is cheap. Then again, so are toupees.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Before:

After

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ummm... something's missing. Lemme see... it's the PHOTOS!

vashti says:

"Hmm.. Maybe we don't really care what men think about it, and we do it because WE like it. Did you ever think of that? Not everything we do has to be about "catching a man". Besides, it doesn't seem to matter much what we do, because men are still hitting on us."

No kidding. I can't tell you how many times I see girls at my university walking around with these giant, ugly ass purses that look like they can be used as hammocks.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Ummm... something's missing. Lemme see... it's the PHOTOS!
    You can't see 'em?

I supposed I could post 'em in the gallery.
    Last edited by Junket; 02-08-06 at 03:55 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    vashti says:

"Hmm.. Maybe we don't really care what men think about it, and we do it because WE like it. Did you ever think of that? Not everything we do has to be about "catching a man". Besides, it doesn't seem to matter much what we do, because men are still hitting on us."

No kidding. I can't tell you how many times I see girls at my university walking around with these giant, ugly ass purses that look like they can be used as hammocks.
    You may be the only male in the history of the world who was looking at a girl's purse rather than her ass as she was walking by.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, am I blind or somethin'?

'Cause I can't find the upload photo option in the gallery anymore...

vashti says:

"You may be the only male in the history of the world who was looking at a girl's purse rather than her ass as she was walking by."

I tried to look at their asses, but those giant purses were in the way.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never uploaded a photo in the gallery before, so I don't know how to do it, but I see that Neo has recently done it. (He grew hair, too.) Maybe he will advise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast