+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about contraception

question about contraception

I've never had sex with a condom before.

The first time I had sex with a partner was well planned out and I was already on BC by then. Same with the next partner, and with my current boyfriend. I've never really been worried because I'm a very diligent person and I always take the pill at the same time every single morning. I also knew well the sexual histories of all three guys.

Just last night my bf offered to start wearing condoms if I want. If I'm already taking the pill correctly, do condoms make a difference?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would just say a condom just gives you more peace of mind when using it along with the pill.

For example,
    Say you take antibotics, so the pill isn't nearly as effective. It can cause you to ovulate, even though you are taking the pill.

Or say you miss a pill, and then double up the next day. (yes it can happen, and why kick yourself afterwards for slipping up just once?) Well, they say it only takes 24 hrs for the pill to lose its effectiveness, so therefore its possible to ovulate as well.

Also, honestly you never really know who your bf's have been with. I mean unless they were virgins before they started sleeping with you, you really don't know their sexual history completely. I mean say they slept with someone and had NO clue that this person slept with someone who was HIV positive. So therefore, they think they are safe. Sad thing is that they aren't. I mean honestly its a trust thing. I think the reason HIV is spread so much is because people never suspected their partner of coming in contact with it to begin with. I would rather play it safe or at least know before going condomless.

Drawbacks of the condom are that personally there is less sensitivity. I must agree it feels a lot better without. But, if you weigh the risks of not using one, its almost best to consider one as part of the routine.

So, be happy your bf offered to start wearing a condom. Im sure he's is just trying to be smart and avoid taking any risks. Its very wise of him.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    Well, it is likely to help decrease the chances of you getting pregnant. Some girls dislike condoms. I say give it a try.

I don't think I could ever have sex without a condom unless I was in a position where a child coming along wasn't so much a big deal. I'd personally have a hard time relying on just the pill, even though it's known to be more effective than the condom. The condom just provides that physical barrier there that puts me, a 20 year old male, more at ease.

And quite frankly, I don't have many complaints about the sensitivity with a condom on. In fact, I downright prefer using the condom. It helps me hold back more, allowing my girlfriend to get as many O's as she wants before I finally cut loose.

Just my opinion.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't notice any difference at all with a condom, and actually, you will find that things are much cleaner with them. My husband has had a vasectomy, and he still wears them because he works in a lab with human body fluids and worries about contracting something. Its great for me.

You should be using condoms along with birth control pills. It will help prevent contraction of an STD.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I don't notice any difference at all with a condom
    me neither.

if you want to, try it.. always fun to experiment, do what you want.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You guys are lucky that you felt no difference. I think it was because of the pill, I dried up really bad sometimes. So the condom made things worse! But, that is why they invented lube. I had no problems once using that.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

lilwing89 Guest
    shes not on the pill lol... she gets wet like a waterfall

Using a condom is a really good idea with a guy who has offered.

Here's the thing: most guys really dislike having to use a condom, and if they find out you're taking BC pills, they're thrilled to take that thing off.

The fact that he offered out of the blue tells me he thinks there might be a good reason to use them. I'm totally suspicious about that. Use them by all means.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch

The fact that he offered out of the blue tells me he thinks there might be a good reason to use them. I'm totally suspicious about that. Use them by all means.
    Good point.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh, well it wasn't a totally random thing. We were already talking about condoms for some reason or another and then he offered as an off-hand thing.

I'm beginning to think I should be tested for STDs now. Actually I've never gotten a physical (I just lost my virginity in this past year so I've never seen the point). I need to make an appointment for sure.

Next time we have sex I'm going to ask to try the condom out. I've only orgasmed once in the 50-60 times we've had sex so delaying his would for sure help =)

do humanity the favor of trying to stop the spread of nasty venerial diseases and wear a freakin' condom.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah! Wear a freakin' condom!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You've had sex with 3 different guys (at least) and haven't been tested for anything? Are you aware that STD rates amongst teens is 1 in 4 for those who are sexually active? Read this and be afraid.

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/youth.htm[/url]
    Last edited by vashti; 08-08-06 at 12:25 PM.

oh my goodness. I just made an appointment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast