+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

Well, It has been a little over a month since we had broken up.

At least twice a week I will have dreams about her. Dreams about getting back together. Dreams about sex. Dream about being with her.

Last night I had a dream about us getting back together and it was good feeling and then I woke up and I was like woah.

Another night I had a dream that there were people about to attack this crowd of people and everyone was screaming, and SHE was in the crowd and she was the only person I had been looking for to get out of the crowd, even though I knew other people in the crowd. I had found her crying and screaming and as we were running away, I woke up.

Is this normal? I mean the fact the we are broken up is ok with me, but could these dreams mean that deep down inside I still want her back, like unconseenicous (sp?) It just sucks dreaming about these things.

Has any one went through this?

My girlfriend recently broke up with me, and I've been having similar dreams to what you described

It is really horrible waking up in the morning realising it wasn't real

I think it is normal

It does suck waking up...

But the thing is, is that I know it's best for the both of us in the situation we are in and I am fine with it...

I just miss the relationship we did have, it was something wonderful.

Why'd you break up?

I think that would help answer a lot of questions here.

it was a long distance relationship that lasted 3 years and college broke us up pretty much. O and she had no more feelings. pffft

Dreams, dreams, sweet dreams.

Hey I know it sucks.
    My boyfriend was cheating on me for 8 months. He met this girl on the net and because we had some problems in life he fall for her in stead of sorting our relationship. He didn't leave me then. He didn't stop talking to this girl for those months. And even when I found out about her in April he didn't do anything. And I was fighting for our relationship and my love myself. He wouldn't leave and it was too late because we just bought a house (before I found out about this girl).
    Recently I asked him to move out until he sorts his head out. He lived with his brother. He said he loves me and doesn't want to loose me but he can't move on until he meet her. So after 8 months he went to see her last weekend. She is from Spain. He didn't say he did that. But I knew why he wasn't answering the phone.
    I had horrible dream for the last few months. Nightmares. And then lovely dream about me and him together. The kind of dreams that give you hope and happiness. Last weekend when I knew he went to see her - that was the most horrible night and dreams I had. I had a dream that they are together and they have sex and they are happy with each other. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Next morning he text me saying that he is regretting he went there and nothing happened and he asked me to forgive him. He messed up with my head. Broke my heart and raped my love for him.
    I was and I am sick. I went to the doctor and I am on antidepressant now. It's helping. I slept well last night and I didn't have any dreams - I don't remember. It's good. I am switching off at night and I have at least few hours without any pain and any bad thoughts.
    If you are ok with yourself and with your situation the dreams will go away with time. They are reflections of our thoughts, worries and dreams. We can't control them really so it's just a matter of understanding they are only dreams. Even if they affect you for a day and make you think it's just temporary. Do you remember your dreams from last year or even 2 months ago? Not in details, no unless you write them dawn. I thought my dreams are my second life. It's another dimensions and I loved it. I knew each evening that something interesting will happen in my dream even if it was scary dream. I don't think like that any more. Not at the moment. I don't like my dreams now. But I know it's because of how the situation affected me. It made me feel sick on body and soul. So no wonder my dreams are sick too.
    Each day is different. Each night and each dream. Remember the good. And hope for more good. Take care.
    Last edited by Fisiolka; 10-08-06 at 04:45 PM.