+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I stay with her?

should I stay with her?

I've been living together with my current gf for about seven years now, but about a month ago, she met this guy at work and she started receiving text messages from him. I checked her phone and to my surprise that she has been texting him also and i overheard her saying to one of her friends that she is starting to fall for this guy. From then on everything I do annoys her while this guy would text her any time and she becomes excited when he does. I asked her a few times if she wants to break up, but she wouldn't give a straight answer only that she is still groing up. She also started hiding her phone so that i wouldnt be able to read his text messages. I also found out that they had been on a couple of dates and she never told me about them. I had to find out from a friend who saw her with another guy. what are my options please anyone? am I wasting my time?
    Last edited by heart broken; 13-08-06 at 04:33 PM.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    7 yrs of being together huh? Sounds like a 7 yr itch. She's happy with you but then someone else comes along and she seems more interested in him. Why? Because its new and exciting.

How old are both of you?

I would try talking to her.
    Ask her exactly what her intentions are w/ hanging out with this guy. Also insist on a direct answer and not some talk about "growing up."

You have every right to be concerned. I would be too.

Maybe she is just seeing what else is out there. I mean it sounds to me like you were one of her first serious relationships and its been going on for quite some time (7 yrs). So, maybe she is just curious about her other options. Its normal, but the sad thing is is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and could be losing a good thing in the process.

You deserve to know the truth and what she plans on doing about this situation. Its only fair, and let her know this.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    Haha... Allow me to ask. How are the financials in this situation? Is she paying half of the bills? Are you paying everything and she's living off of you? How is that working out?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She is only a girlfriend. Be happy she has gotten the itch before you were married with a few kids running around, because now you can move on to a more lasting relationship. Besides, if you haven't gotten married after 7 years of dating, you probably weren't ever going to...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Anyway, my point was.. If you're paying for everything, kick her ass out and tell her she has 48 hours to take her shit or it's trash. ^_^

I love it.

CONFRONT and SEVER.