+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Dilemma (Christian opinions wanted, but if no Christians, that's OK)

Dating Dilemma (Christian opinions wanted, but if no Christians, that's OK)

Like it states in my profile, I am a 15 year old male who is in 10th grade. Later in 9th grade, I approached a friend of mine (Kayla) and a girl I didn't know all to well (Jessica) to help me with video for a class i was taking at the college. I also asked 2 other aquaintences (Gary and Jerika) to help out. Well, we meet do the movie, and I start liking Jessica, but so does Gary. I was over at his house one time and I told him to go after her, that I wasn't going to get into his way. Well, he asks her out (after a lot of coaxing from me) and they're dating. For a month or so I don't talk to Jessica, cuz she is totally involved with Gary. Well, I don't know when, but we started casually talking about the situation. Well, with all the twists and curves that come with a relationship, I gladly lent my 2 cents to help Jessica work it out with him (although I was REALLY starting to like her now). The relationship ended after less than a month, but she would always talk to me about the situation, and now that we had become good friends, I was there to listen. Well, I am really, REALLY liking this girl, to the point of loving her by now. I go on some trips with her to various places, and that's it...I AM IN LOVE WITH HER. Now, the biggest problem with this situation is...she's Christian. I am not. By this time I love her so much, and we're hanging out ALL the time, and finally she tells me that she really likes me also. WOAH, I think. What does this mean? Well, she says it just wouldn't work because of the religion thing, but the thing is i have never been exposed/lived in Christianity, so of course she is teaching me about it, and I am going to church with her, and about to start a 3 month submersion in the Christian lifestyle, to see if it really is who I am. I am wondering if you guys think this is the right thing to do. I really do love this girl, and she's told me time and time again she loves me. Can I get some help?
    -Anthony

I see what is going on here. You know something? She really wants to get to know you and let all her emotions out for you, but their is a border in there. I understand about the religion thing. But what are you afraid of? If you don't think you need religion, then tell her that you don't want religion, but then I gurantee that she will fade away from you. But then again, try going to church. Church is a whole different way of viewing the happier things in life. Most people disagree, because of all the natural problems in life. See, your friend wants to be happy, she wants to be in church and live a happy life, and you know something? She is inviting you to join her.
    By the way, was Gary a christian?
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Yeah, Gary is christian (i'm a better christian than he is, so jessica says, but that's funny, cuz i'm not christian, i think it had to do with kindness/overall attitude) I really do want relgion in my life, that is why i am learning about it. I know she likes me, and i really want to get with her, an live happily ever after
    -Anthony

yes, Jessica is letting you know that Gary, eventhough he is a christian, doesn't follow the rules of church. Maybe he is a goof ball or something? I don't know. But keep going, I could see that you have a good opportunity straight ahead with Jessica.
    Anything else????
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Except for reiderating that i love jessica to death and with all of my heart, no, nothing left in the matter. THANKS SO MUCH NICE LOVER BOY!

-Anthony
    -Anthony

No prob bob.
    Let us know if things go upside down in your situation. That's why weare all here, to help one another with a situation.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Thanks man, I'll keep in touch...hey if you want, my email is [email]g33k2003@hotmail.com[/email] (go figure)...if you wanna talk sometime (on msn or whatever) also my Yahoo is avriethoff, and my AIM/AOL is avriethoff. Peace out, thanks a bunch!
    -Anthony

I think I made a friend????
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Yah, you made a new friend!
    -Anthony