Follow all the same tips as with the first date when it comes to asking for the next get-together -- only up the ante a little. On the first encounter you might want to be a little short and sweet. Later you can be a little more detailed and friendly, with longer messages on the answering machine ("I have a great joke to tell you," or "The most amazing thing happened today, and I can't wait to tell you about it"). You can also be more personal ("I hope you're having a great day," or "How was your meeting?").

If you have the leave a message, be clear about when you will call again. It is better for you to say you will call again later rather than saying "Call me back" -- you might not want to risk wondering why she didn't call back. one of the worst parts of dating is the uncertainty of not knowing if you did something wrong, so you want to do whatever you can to minimize those fears and confusions.

Always start out the conversation with a comment about your last encounter. A compliment always sets people in a good mood and makes them more receptive to you. You could refer to the new wine you tried, or the funny joke she told you that then told a friend, or how you saw a painting with that beautiful cobalt blue color of the sweater she was wearing.

Preface your invitation with the fun you will have ("It'll be really fun to ..." or "I know you'll enjoy ...").

Keep some topics in the back of your mind for when you want to change the subject and keep the conversation moving.

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=14285"]Back to Second Date[/URL]