+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things to Talk About?

Things to Talk About?

So I'm with this girl but I'm really short on things to talk about. I tend to listen more than I talk.

Is there any good things to talk about? And to keep the conversation going?
    I admit my social skills are lacking in some areas.

Talk about her, silly.

Like what should I say. Give me an example Vashti.
    Should I say how great she looks????

I find it easeir to listen to her but then she probably think its strange that I dont say a whole alot. Exccept for the "umhumm" "I know what your saying" " I hear you"
    Last edited by Henry123; 20-08-06 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post

I find it easeir to listen to her but then she probably think its strange that I dont say a whole alot. Exccept for the "umhumm" "I know what your saying" " I hear you"

Man have you just landed from outer space..........talk to her like you would any person. Girls are not alien, although if you just landed from O-space in your case she might be.

Mmmmm?

Seriously though, whats wrong with the youth of today. (thinking out loud)

Look just talk to her about evereyday stuff. But find out about her, her interests etc.

I worry about ye sometimes

D
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Forgot to mention, dont tell her how great she looks, or tell her she's hot.....UNLESS she asks your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    Forgot to mention, dont tell her how great she looks, or tell her she's hot.....UNLESS she asks your opinion.
    A compliment wouldn't be a bad idea, but only if you can make it really comfortable, not an I'm-focusing-on-your-hotness thing.

she probably think its strange that I dont say a whole alot. Exccept for the "umhumm" "I know what your saying" " I hear you"
    All depends. If she's an out and out motormouth she might think your fantastic to just sit there saying ''umhumm I know what your saying" " I hear you"

If she herself is a poor converstionilist...you may be in trouble

Man have you just landed from outer space..........talk to her like you would any person. Girls are not alien, although if you just landed from O-space in your case she might be.

Mmmmm?

Seriously though, whats wrong with the youth of today. (thinking out loud)

Look just talk to her about evereyday stuff. But find out about her, her interests etc.

I worry about ye sometimes

D
    I know know. I need a kick to the butt!

All depends. If she's an out and out motormouth she might think your fantastic to just sit there saying ''umhumm I know what your saying" " I hear you"

If she herself is a poor converstionilist...you may be in trouble
    I personally would rather have a motormouth girl.

I'm worry about those girls who are poor conversationalist. I dont know what to say sometimes. I get tongue tied and my mind suddenly goes blank on me. And then I panic and I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    A compliment wouldn't be a bad idea, but only if you can make it really comfortable, not an I'm-focusing-on-your-hotness thing.
    I try not to focus on the hotness thing.
    I sometimes wonder whats she's thinking???

How do you talk to anyone else? She's only human! Talk about ANYTHING, I'm sure once you start and see that she's interested in what you're saying you'll have plenty to say. You never know.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    How do you talk to anyone else? She's only human! Talk about ANYTHING, I'm sure once you start and see that she's interested in what you're saying you'll have plenty to say. You never know.
    Listen to what the kiwi said.....talk about anything, just bring her into the conversation and keep her talking about herself. After a few minutes when you see she's enjoying talking about herself you'll relax, she'll relax and the world wont seem like such a bad ol place after all

Conversation is an art. It's not a science.

Since you're more of a listener than a talker, then ask the question. Don't ask the question for the sake of asking it, like "what did you eat this morning?". Ask those that you really wanted to know or the things that will allow you to know her better. Start from the current and work your way to the past. Don't get too personal though, until you two are comfortable enough.

There are no list of these questions. So ask the things that you want to know, that you're interested about her. If you asked question for the sake of asking, you will be distracted by a simple noise and you will loose your focus. She will notice that. And that will make you look like as if you're listening but your eyes are somewhere else coz your distracted. So ask the real question that you want to know.

I wish there was some Panic Button I could push.

I feel sometimes I ask too many question and dont know how to bring up things to talk about. I tennd to know more about factual things but talking about facts isnt going to go to far.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    How do you talk to anyone else? She's only human!
    My social skills are poor so I dont talk a whole lot to begin with anyways.
    I dont think girls would be interested in guy stuff anyways (not that I have alot to say about that either).

I feel really odd around girls at times. Thats when I get nervous.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast