+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love, Distance, Mum & Sister! HELP

Love, Distance, Mum & Sister! HELP

I am 19 years old and currently studying at university until the end of 2008.

I have known a guy for six years, we have met a couple of times, one was very recently. He lives about 10 hours away from me, i really love this guy, and i do know what love is.

We have both said that in a couple of years if we still feel the same then we should do something about it. This means one of us would have to move, he said he will move and i said i will, however i would feel guilty if he moved to be with me. I want to know, should i feel guilty if he ever did?

Also i have a five year old sister, do you think that if i moved away and lived somewhere else in my life it would be selfish to her? Is that being a bad sister to her, because my mother thinks it is.....Any advice would be great..please

I say follow your heart. If he truely wants to be with you and of course he does if says he would move to you. Don't ever feel guilty.

Also your not being selfish towards your sister. You have a life to live, you should experience good and bad things. But it isn't being selfish to leave, you're just moving on with your life.

Good luck

Your mother needs to get it straight which of her kids is five years old. Am I right in assuming you give her a lot of help with your sister? Maybe she thinks you would be a bad daughter if you left, not a bad sister.

Maybe she's a bad mother for guilt-tripping someone who is 14 years older than her little sister for wanting to have a life of her own.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Giga said it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also agree with Giga. Parents who expect there to be profound connections between siblings that far apart in age are bound to be disappointed. You may love and care for each other, but you are certainly not peers by any stretch of the imagination.

And no, you should not feel guilty if he ever decides to move to be near you. YOu should be flattered. But I think it is very premature to be worrying about this now. A lot changes in two years.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You sound like you are more worried about others than you are about yourself. It's great to want to make others happy and do things for others, but you have to do what is right for you as well, otherwise in the end you will be miserable.
    Stop promoting or get banned