+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Guys vs. Jerks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The reason "nice guys finish last" is because they are perceived as being spineless and weak, which is not attractive on ANYONE, male or female. The quality you call "being a jerk" is NOT the thing that women like. They like CONFIDENCE.

For the record, I am pretty sure that the line "I've heard I'm pretty good" would not work on me, although I suppose it might work on SOMEONE.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    For the record, I am pretty sure that the line "I've heard I'm pretty good" would not work on me, although I suppose it might work on SOMEONE.
    Yeah, if I heard that one, I would be thinking, "You won't be hearing it from me"...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do those lines ever really work on anyone? Maybe those lines are meant to be used on girls with big boobies and small brains.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Wewt for titties....

don't forget.. all these lines are just an example.. and he's a young guy.. hitting on a young girl.. the reason why wouldn't work on you.. is simply because you're much older... and/or.. because you don't want to admit that they would.. see.. the guy would not be saying it in a sleezy way.. it would be a quick joke.. and then a change of subjet... like what he wants to order..

anyway.. with age.. comes different humor, different things become funny..

now.. whether you want to admit it or not.. (i'm guessing not, because we all have that.. "ugh.. no way i'd fall for that.. complex").. you know.. the same one that women who have the.. "ugh.. no way i'd ever date that jerk complex"... and they go on to say how they want a nice guy....

so i'm really not blown away by these generic responces.. however, I must warn you, that there are guys that are lost right now.. and need answers.. and the last thing they need is someone's female pride and false advice getting in the way.. while they take you seriously and watch more jerks hook up and date the women that they like..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Okay, here you go: Lines will work on average women. If you want an average woman, use them. Carry a book of them and pick a different one for every occasion.

Only a certain type of guy can get away with this. The guy I have a huge crush on would disgust me if he did anything like that.

Okay.. lol.. since we are throwing in misleading information over here.. i'll make things nice and simple.. for all the guys reading here...

When your girlfriend asks you.. if you think about anyone but her, what do you say?? Do you say... "well, there is that girl in the bar, and the girl in the club last night.. did u see her and her friend.. and what they were wearing.. OMG!!! WOW.." or do you say.. "no sweetie, how can you even ask that?"

When women ask you if you find an other girl hot or cute, do you say... "hell yeah.. i mean, that girl is HOT.. smoking, way hotter than all of you combined times infinity!!!" or do you say.. "eww.. no way.. what a whore!!!"

I can go on forever, but I think I rest my case..

Now.. for the ladies.. When guys go on and on about how women think and what gets them to notice men, and hit the nail on the head by saying it how it really is..., do you say... "yeah.. that pretty much sums it up.. wow.. that was amazing!!" or do you say.. "umm.. that would never work on me... if you want an AVERAGE girl, you can carry a book of that crap with you, but it's not going to work on someone like ME!!!"

See what I mean ladies and gentlemen.. We say something completely different than what we are actually thinking.. and to the AVERAGE person.. he or she will believe us.. but to someone more experienced... they can easily dig through all that crap and see the truth...

However, some YOUNGER men and women, lack such experience.. and maybe women don't want to see younger men hook up with girls they like, because they see it as manipulation... but guys.. know exactly what these guys are going through.. and honestly want to help them... so to all the women who have nothing usefull and helpful to say.. (being polite), please take your advice elsewhere, there are other form on love forum for you to pick from..

Last edited by GrkScorp; 25-08-06 at 06:04 AM.

Grk, you need to think about who started this thread. This is Henry. He's not going to be that frat guy in TGIFriday's picking up the bimbo waitress. if I've read his posts correctly, he's actually interested in getting a girlfriend, not "hooking up".

If I'm wrong, he's not going to listen to anything I say anyway.

Okay.. let me ask you.. what type of guy do you think I am???

Do you honestly think I like to hook up with women all the time, flirt non-stop??
    No!!! I'm currently going out with the woman I plan to marry and spend the rest of my life with, and we've been going out for well over a year..

That's really how my relationships are, I'm the one who falls dead into love, and the women who I fell in love with were usually the ones who didn't really feel the same way... I was just some guy that they were going out with.. YAY for them, I was nothing more than a talking point for her and her friends..

Sure, believe me.. there are guys like that, and i've met plenty, and I still know plenty, and the guys who are like that don't deserve my help or advice..

You know what's amazing about Michael's books.. because I used to be like the guys on the Oprah show.. Only nice guys buy them... because they know that they want someone so bad, and can stand to humiliation of going up to the counter and picking up the entire series... to read it again and again..

I know what type of guy Henry is.. I'm that type of guy, Michael was that type of guy.. and for once, we all have something to help eachother out with.. And that's all we want to do, because we know how it feels to be there.. and we know how it feels to get out of there.. and we want guys like us to stop living like we once did.. and start living like we are right now..

If I walk into a bar, club, anywhere.. I can honestly say.. that there is no woman that I can't pick up.. Sound like a Jerk? Sound Cocky? No, I'm serious.. I can.. even if it's you!!!... But I don't.. Why??

1) I love the person I'm with right now.
    2) Just because I can, doesn't mean I have to.

But I know that there are guys that can't even walk up to women they like, don't know what to say, how to say it, how to act.. And I WANT TO HELP THEM!!!

If you really want to let Henry be happy, please, just let him hear the right advice.. from someone that was once in his place.. and has moved onto just where he wants to be..

OK- I'll give you that. I have no idea what it's like to be Henry. I do know what it's like to be that waitress, though, with cocky-funny guy after cocky-funny guy, night after night, running the lines.

I'm just saying that some of us actually like quiet guys.

And no, you could not pick me up.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post

The only think his book did, was give them something to start off with.. and from there on.. all the work.. was done by the reader..

Guys who read it.. and used it.. loved it.. because they got to date the women they always wanted to.. and not have to change at all.. they brought out their more attractive side... and got women to notice them and be interested in them.. for who they really were...

see.. women are interested

Grkscorp.....................Maaaan you are all over the place, it's irritating! ...you on something?

What book, what guy are you talking about? I didn't read all your posts. Frankly they are too long and sorry but you're ranting way off the point.

keep it simple and to the point!

I dunno..
    Last edited by derm; 25-08-06 at 06:43 AM.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

lol.. ur alright Giga.. I can't begin to tell you how many times i've herd that.. lol

anyway.. yes, I know. I've worked on both sides of the battleground...

And yes, waitresses do have it tough. I had a friend of mine in a cafe' in Astoria..

All the guys there would hit on her, and the older guys (25-35), would "accidently" drop their silverwear or drinks, and laugh.. but she had to come by and pick it up.. and she knew which people would drop them regularly.. just to see her bend over.. quite sad...

but.. these are not the types of guys I like to help.. mostly because they get noticed.. and at the end of the day.. she would tell me all about these guys.. and how they bother her, and how she would just like to have one nice decent guy come in there, but NEVER did she tell me about one nice decent guy that would come in there.. lol.. ironic huh???

so.. I don't help the wrong people.. I help the nice decent guys.. get the cute waitress.. who was looking for a nice decent guy...

See.. everybody wins.. but before I came along.. she wouldn't even notice these "nice decent guys".. Because in front of everyone else, they never really made an impression on her.. they never caught her attention, built up sexual tension, or got her thinking about them..

There was this one guy "Vassili", we called him "Vaz" for short.. He was a pretty built and nicely shaped guy.. but would "sh*t bricks" when it came to seeing this girl Kostandina in the cafe'...

now.. I was close friends with Kostandina, mostly because in High School, I was there everyday... So, Vaz asked me to speak to her.. what did I do like the good friend that I was to Vaz???

I told him fcuk no.. YOU speak to her.. and i'll tell you how.. but YOU have to do it.. and i'm not going to say a word to her..

A week passed by of Kostandina talking to me, telling me at the end of the day how happy she was that every jerk left and went home.. funny enough she gave her number out twice that week to "jerks".. lol..

But all of a sudden!!! the next week, Vaz had done it.. he talked to her, made a wise @ss remark of some sort... she laughed and told me all about it... well.. naturally once she told me.. i acted like I found it hillarious.. saying.. "wow, funny guy..."

But it worked.. and then, Vaz started to get the chance to talk to her more and more.. and slowly after a week, she would finish serving the other people, and come over to sit down by his table or couch, to talk to him, play-hug him.. laugh with him and joke around.. they were becoming flirt-friends.. which is the step before girlfriend/boyfriend..

all of a sudden Vaz had tests the next week.. so he wasn't comming in for the whole week.. Kostandina went so far as to come and ask ME... Vaz's friend.. where he is?? and what happened to him??

hmm.. now.. all the other jerks could get her number, her attention.. but she would never show up or answer their calls.. but here.. she was asking me if Vaz was ok? where he was? actually concerned about him.. maybe even missing him.. So.. I said.. I don't know.. but I have his number, you could call him, just don't say that I gave you his number...

Guess who calls me that same night.. Vaz.. happy as sh*t on a stick.. yelling my eardrums away saying.. "She called me!!!"... I had given new meaning to his life.. lol.. all of a sudden I was his God.. lol.. but I could care less.. what made me happy is that he was on his way to dating the girl he liked for 4 months!!! and that Kostandina had found her "nice and MORE than decent" guy..

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    Grkscorp.....................Maaaan you are all over the place, it's irritating! ...you on something?

What book, what guy are you talking about? I didn't read all your posts. Frankly they are too long and sorry but you're ranting way off the point.

keep it simple and to the point!

I dunno...phew!
    what are you talking about? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What jerk qualities were you hoping to learn, Henry?

If you want to be a jerk, I suggest starting by doing a lot of drugs. Cut in front of old ladies in the grocery line. Kick dogs.

Is that who you want to be?

Oh, God, I am so turned on!
    It seem jerks tend to attract women more. Why? I dont know.

I definitely dont want to be a jerk. I feel very alone and unhappy in this world.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast