+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Guys vs. Jerks

There is more than one way to hit on someone and in some cases lines like that may work! But yeah, back to the point - don't stress about nice guys finishing last, as long as you're not a pushover or anything like that - then nice natured people usually don't finish last actually. I can not stress enough that people should be themselves more often, forget what other people are going to think of you, but know when it's appropriate/important to impress someone!
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

just be cool. don't be shy or scared. and don't not be those thing to impress a girl be like that because you don't have to be shy and scared. be proud of who you are, no reason to be ashamed.

girls like guys that are not afraid to be themselves and show it to others. i think people confuse them with jerks because some people take it to the extreme and flaunt their bodies or their pick up lines or whatever. you don't have to be like that.

you don't have to be a jerk and you don't have to be a pushover, there's a happy medium.

Wow. This was an interesting thread. I learned alot, I hope this thing really works! or not!!! be yourself??? seriously... being yourself has NOT GOTTEN YOU THE WOMEN OF YOUR DREAMS.. so.. SOMETHING has to change... and that SOMETHING is YOU...
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 25-08-06 at 02:03 PM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Sometimes it's not about changing who you are to be more compatible with another person, or even to get the attention of the person. Sometimes people just aren't "meant to be", some people will never be attracted to other people, it's just the way things go. You can't make someone feel something for you.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

yeah.. i agree.. unless your name is grkscorp.. and the person you are talking about is gigabitch...

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    wow.. you're part of the few.. the proud.. the honest women on LF.

I don't think anyone is being dishonest. You have neglected to take into consideration the fact that Venacava is (I believe) in her early 20s, and Giga and I are in our mid thirties. What might have interested us at 20 becomes old and boring after repeated exposure. I think my patience for "lines" wore out when I was around 25.
    Last edited by vashti; 25-08-06 at 10:52 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Story #1
    See.. what really happend was that I have SAD.. lol.. sad isn't it.. that it's short for social anxiety disorder... lol.. anyway... and I was worried about the package from UPS..... Until it finally came, and then I realized that I have not called you for 10 days, so I felt like an idiot, but i'm madly in love with you, and was wondering if by any chance you would like to consider going out on a date with me to make up for me not calling you???

Story #2
    So.. Your edited version of the facts sould be.. that This package from eBay got sent through the wrong company, and I tried to contact the seller and eBay... and they finally told me that it was comming via an other company UPS, and I was just going crazy, so I talked to PayPal so they wouldn't cancel payment on the poor seller.. and It finally came... It was just one huge mess, but I finally got it all set stait.. and I'm just happy it's all over.. But, during that whole time, I'm really sorry I forgot to call you, I'm such an idiot, and it's funny too, because I was thinking.. wow.. how am I going to tell you all this, It sounds so dumb... but.. lol.. well.. that's what happened... I'll tell you what though, because I still feel like the biggest idiot alive on earth right now, for each day that I was dumb enough not to call you, we'll go to anywhere you want to go..

Now.. you tell me.. which one would you rather tell her???

aaahgggg! I go with story #2.
    Story one sounds awful.
    Last edited by Henry123; 26-08-06 at 05:23 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

EVERYTHING WORK OUT FINE!!!! whooopppeeeee!!! I called her and it wasnt a big deal! You believe that?!
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I do really appreciate the advices! Please dont stop the thread just keep at it. I'm learning alot! I ve read EVERY post! Keep em comming!

Love Forum has the koolest people!!!! I'm speechless!!

I was really losing faith here. I really didnt and dont want to be a jerk. I'm glad people set me straight.
    Last edited by Henry123; 26-08-06 at 05:21 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

yay, that wasn't so bad was it? glad it worked out best of luck! feel free to browse the forum or ask for questions

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    EVERYTHING WORK OUT FINE!!!! whooopppeeeee!!! I called her and it wasnt a big deal! You believe that?!
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I do really appreciate the advices! Please dont stop the thread just keep at it. I'm learning alot! I ve read EVERY post! Keep em comming!

Love Forum has the koolest people!!!! I'm speechless!!

I was really losing faith here. I really didnt and dont want to be a jerk. I'm glad people set me straight.
    You didn't tell her you owed her 10 dates, did you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow, me too. This thread was really something else. I have to say that I really learned alot, but I really wish GrkScorp would post the last name of that author so I can find his book. Or the ISBN number or something. I think I get the general idea though, and it's brilliant! I'm trying it in the mirror or while i'm lying down and I already feel more confident in myself! I still suck at it though, but practice makes perfect I guess. I'll get it though, but I still really want to take a look at that guy's book, give me some more info please! please! please!

Thanks again,

Vash

I'm 19 and have had my fair share of lines and most of them have worn out. But the thing is that I often say things like that, I use stupid lines sometimes - because they can be funny if used correctly. I don't really think that my age has anything to do with it, it's more my personality, however I don't think anyone has been dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You didn't tell her you owed her 10 dates, did you?
    I didnt get that far befor she interjected and wanted me over at a mutual friend's house this weekend. ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    I'm 19 and have had my fair share of lines and most of them have worn out. But the thing is that I often say things like that, I use stupid lines sometimes - because they can be funny if used correctly. I don't really think that my age has anything to do with it, it's more my personality, however I don't think anyone has been dishonest.
    Are you a very outgoing person Venacava?

Quite outgoing, why's that?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast